playMaker

Author Topic: Swiping to jump player a certain distance?  (Read 1760 times)

case3

• Playmaker Newbie
Swiping to jump player a certain distance?
« on: February 13, 2017, 05:00:27 AM »
What I basically want to do for the controls in my game is similar to the game "hop" my game is nothing like it but that helps explain it. I need the player to be able to swipe on the screen to the left or right to control a cube that jumps left or right depending how far they swipe. There is other things here to take into consideration but that's the part I don't know if Playmaker can do. So, I was hoping someone who knows about touch controls can let me know if this is possible.

Thanks, and hopefully as I get better at Playmaker I can just try things without the need to keep asking here if it is possible but right now my knowledge on it is really not that great, Like i said in a previous post I am doing a course off udemy which is helping but I can't see anywhere in the course that covers touch controls. The reason I ask is it possible before I need to do it is because I am making the 3d models now and don't want to make them for no reason. I'm super set on sticking with this idea but would hate to start something I can't finish.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Swiping to jump player a certain distance?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:10:32 AM »
Hi,

you can certainly do that manually with PlayMaker, but if you start with PlayMaker, I would encourage getting a proper framework for touch gesture like Easy Touch that has full Official PlayMaker Support.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3322

Bye,

Jean

case3

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Swiping to jump player a certain distance?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:01:07 AM »
Hi Jean, thanks for letting me know. I checked out the easy touch asset and will be getting it. I just hope it works with Unity 5.5, it doesn't say. Thanks again.