playMaker

Author Topic: 3rd person controller  (Read 4435 times)

numonic

• Playmaker Newbie
3rd person controller
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:04:46 PM »
I noticed the 3rd person controller doesn't really show how to make the character jump. Is there any way to do this? I am working on a game where my character relies on a 3rd person soloution which needs to jump,shoot,die,walk,run and convert to a another mode.
Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? I'm mainly a designer with no coding experience.
Thanks.

hermes7_1999

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 3rd person controller
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:17:46 AM »
mann...im just in the same situation like you...i have no clue about coding..im designer...so playmaker it would be my only tool to handle stuffs like have a decent 3rd person controller ( complete moving )...when i have to make the jump or attack...i wonder if they will develope a complete tool for that things....
or just an absolute complete video tutorial about 3rd person controller with playmaker...( not only move)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:20:02 AM by hermes7_1999 »

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 11:05:15 AM »
Making a tutorial on this subject is something i'm working on, just out of spare time right now.

bloggins

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »
that would be awesome.

I was able to successfully create the third-person controller from the youtube channel video. However, I tried to re-create it again with a different project/ different assets - and the character just immediately falls through the floor (some issue with physics/ rigid bodies) - and now I can't get the third-person controller to work... >_<