playMaker

Author Topic: I Need my playmaker Code to give to a real programer  (Read 3163 times)

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
I Need my playmaker Code to give to a real programer
« on: February 28, 2017, 07:02:29 PM »
Sup I was wondering is there is a way to print or show my playmaker code as a whole project to a programmer who can see beyond preset actions.  He wants to check for memory leaks and how things are structured and working in the project. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me I know its simple I just cant find a way to do it.

rik

Re: I Need my playmaker Code to give to a real programer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 11:48:06 PM »
i think it was waste of time to find memory leaks since playmaker was well optimized in general use if you want to use every bit cpu power then dont use playmaker putting effort on playmaker for high performance will be too much work for small gain.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 01:25:41 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker can not compile Fsm into scripts, it's not how it works, so unfortunatly, no you can't do that.

Yes, Indeed PlayMaker is battle Tested and the core engine dll is well optimized and you'll find that memory Leaks will happen inside your own logic or scripts

and yes, if you are very concerned about cpu power, you should not even use Unity, but directly write in the native code for your platform, so if you are on IOS, use Xcode for example, but as soon as you even start to use Unity or unreal or any framework, it will have a penalty, so you have to weight this against what you can afford for that project.

But for a space gamer, what would be the concern for CPU perfs? the game play is "simple", and what you will likely face is graphic performances issues, more than pur coding issues, and by several order of magnitude as well. use the wrong shader or an effect that is not optimized and it will kill performances straight away.

you can verify the impact of using PlayMaker with the two Unity Learning projects I ported 100% to PlayMaker:

https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMaker--UnityLearn--SpaceShooter_U5.5

https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMaker--UnityLearn--2dPlatformer

And with the currently worst platform for perfs, being webgl, the difference is  between 1 to 3 FPS out of 60FPS. the memory footprint being 1Mb ( the size of the PlayMaker dll core engine).

If that's not acceptable, then yes, you should not use PlayMaker and code everything using c#, but even with that, you will be expected to be a senior programmer because even with c# you can create terribly bad performing games, so watch out in any case.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:27:13 PM by jeanfabre »

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 11:45:26 AM »
Jean thanks man I think this should help my programmer out. I just use the program to rapidly create functional things I'm not sure what he is looking for as a coder but I hope your post helps thanks again man.

Champ

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »
Your programmer might really appreciate scanning through the actions you are using though.

The programmer might have certain preferences and might even want to rework some of the actions you are using, so the action isn't using a slower or more time consuming process to get the thing done.