playMaker

Author Topic: Question about PlayMaker Ecosystem  (Read 4154 times)

ilovelessons

• Junior Playmaker
Question about PlayMaker Ecosystem
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:54:26 PM »
Hi,

I recently came across something called Ecosystem for playmaker where I realised that there are a lot of goodies.. Can I used these things in my project for free? Even for commercial purposes?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Question about PlayMaker Ecosystem
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »
Hi,
Actions can all be used freely.
and probably most samples also.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:19:22 AM »
Hi,

yes, all the things on the Ecosystem are freely accesible and you can use it for any commercial projects. You can take these actions as is and sell them on the asset store though, basically, you can use them inside your own project for your clients or game you are going to sell, not a problem.

Bye,

Jean

ilovelessons

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 10:17:30 PM »
Hi Jean,

If I made a game using some of the Ecosystem actions (but not the entire game) can I still sell the template of my game on the asset store? BTW who does the ecosystem belong too? Unity? I am trying to figure out if I'll have to give someone a cut (which I don't mind).. Thanks.. anyone who knows is also welcome to answer.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 01:53:44 AM »
Hi,

You are fine in this case, you can include as part of a Package you sell on the asset store, custom actions required for your feature to work, you have added value to this, it's used as a building block and not as what you are actually selling. That's fine and we do encourage this.

Basically, it's totally free for you to mess up with, but you'll never own it per say ( because then theoretically one could sew genuine authors of these actions to remove them from public access, and that's not acceptable).

I guess, I need to put a proper LGPL and MIT license mention within the Ecosystem browser. I'll will be in the next update.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 01:49:46 AM »
Hi,

each file has its own license, in case there is no license, then you can assume it's

Attribution 4.0 International(CC BY 4.0)

Bye,

Jean