playMaker

Author Topic: Duplicate Event Found Error  (Read 4228 times)

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
Duplicate Event Found Error
« on: April 21, 2017, 08:26:20 PM »
After deleting an event, two global transition events are switching between themselves by themselves, in multiple FSMs. Happens in play mode when the transition events are triggered.

The changes persist in editor mode in both the instances and prefabs.

When manually changing the transition event back to the correct event in the playmaker editor in editor mode it sometimes gives me this error "Duplicate Event Found: Start Animation"

There are no duplicate events seen in the events browser.

Also happens to non global transitions changing to the corrupted global transitions after multiple tries of manually changing the events back and testing.

Anyway to reconnect, refresh or clean up events maybe?

This has put the project to an absolute halt for me, any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Unity: 5.4.0f3 64bit
Playmaker: 1.8.4
Build: PC, Mac & Linux Standalone

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Duplicate Event Found Error
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 01:56:46 AM »
Hi,
Could you make a video showing this?

and make a backup of your project (they might need it to repo you issue)

after you made a backup, you can try to reimport all.

You can find it under the Asset dropdown menu.

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »
I have Reimport All, some FSMs have stopped changing, but half still have this problem.
I also had a new error when replacing one of the send event actions (which had no effect):
Error Loading Action: Start DelayBar : HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SendEvent : eventTarget
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This error didn't seem to stop me creating the action or have any effect that I could see and it only happened once after replacing several send event actions.

I remember a few hours after I deleted the event that caused this I did create the event again with the same name but made it global, this event didn't switch.

I am going to roll back to a previous backup I made a day ago, I am scared to delete events now so if an event is not needed I shall rename them to "Unused1" and "Unused2" etc. I will update Unity soon to 5.5 anyway maybe that will prevent this.
Thanks anyway, hope this helps you.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 08:59:10 AM »
Hi,
What version of pm are you using?

Can you make a video or some pictures with the issue, also can you send a bug report inside unity (go to playmaker/Tools/Submit Bug Report)
You can add a link to this post.

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 02:24:36 PM »
I am coming up with a new problem with this project that I think is related somehow. Attached is my playmaker custom actions.

Also random values in random FSMs I haven't touched in ages are changing and setting themselves.

I have tried deleting Playmaker, playmaker custom actions and the playmaker plugin and re downloading, reinstalling but the problem still remains.

Prefab Instance not saving/applying
Area: Editor
Frequency: Most of the time

1) What happened

When I make changes in the fsm of a prefab instance and press apply on the fsm's gameobject the prefab instance doesn't save the changes to the prefab. This happens most times.

The 'Prefab Instance (Modified)' title doesn't go away when I press apply, and the title also stays when I press revert to prefab, it also doesn't revert to prefab.

A playmaker Set Dirty warning sometimes appears also when the prefab is removed I think, not 100% sure as it only sometimes appears.

Unity Info:
Unity Version: 5.4.0f3
Playmaker Version: 1.8.4.f5
BuildTarget: StandaloneWindows

System Info:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
System Memory: 16280
Graphics Device: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
Hi.
Did you send a bug report?
If not yet, i think you better send one and add a link to this post so that Alex can see it.

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 05:28:19 PM »
I have sent a bug report over a week ago now.
This warning comes up quite a bit, randomly, this time when I made a prefab instance into the scene in editor mode.

PlayMaker: Unhandled SetDirty: Missing Owner
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:SetFsmDirty(Fsm, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:1716)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:DoDirtyFsmPrefab() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:2186)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:SelectNone() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:1244)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:SelectFsm(Fsm) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:1286)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:SelectFsm(GameObject) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:1224)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:OnSelectionChange() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:890)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:OnHierarchyChange() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:944)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow:OnHierarchyChange() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:368)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnHierarchyChange()

Moving a state around to force the fsm to set dirty saves the state position but not the variable change.

EDIT: It saves the value, everything but an assigned variable change in an action variable field.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:48:14 PM by JKWater »

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 06:05:15 PM »
The warning comes up every time I change the variable in the variable field to a variable that doesn't save, I press apply, it doesn't apply, still says Prefab Instance (Modified). I then delete the prefab instance and make another instance with the same prefab, then the warning appears.

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2023, 01:09:23 AM »
Sorry for the major necro!

Getting a very similar duplicate event found error on pm 1.9.4 for Unity 2020.3.33f1

Happened while deleting a global transition from a state that had multiple global transitions going to it, specifically on an FSM added to a prefab variant.

Is there any way to remove the duplicate event without deleting it from every prefab?

Eeeee! Thanks if anyone has any insight!

Code: [Select]
Duplicate Event Found: object/generic/state/open/override
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEventManager:SanityCheckEventList (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEventManager:UpdateEventList ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEventManager:Init ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:Init ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:OnProjectChange ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow:OnProjectChange () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:406)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnProjectChange ()

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 11:43:25 AM »
I can't remember exactly how this got fixed for me, but try looking in your Event Browser for anything that shouldn't be there, any duplicate events, or any local/global event mix up and delete them (after backup of course).

Also the Events tab in the fsm and see if that looks correct. Tick = Global.

If it's not obvious which is the duplicate run tests in an empty scene but you will most likely need a manual cleanup if this is the case.

I think if a local event becomes a global event or the other way around can cause problems, and very rarely they can auto change from local to global which has happened once or twice for me. So something to look out for. Save and backup often.

I now don't mess with editing/renaming local or global events, once created they stay there.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 11:45:09 AM by JKWater »

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2023, 12:24:24 PM »
Thanks for all the notes :) thankfully I was using version control and was able to see which events got deleted, and the event viewer does show which ones are duplicated too which is helpful.

I try to not edit or rename events either any more haha once its made, its made forever lol

tricky part with this situation was the corrupted events dealt with my doors, and my damage system. So all my doors in every level stopped opening, and every object meant to be damaged wasnt now ><

thanks again!