playMaker

Author Topic: Textmesh Pro Playmaker Actions (free)  (Read 32049 times)

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Re: Textmesh Pro Playmaker Actions (free)
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 09:37:43 AM »
It doesn't work in Unity 2018.3 I get this error when I use Set Textmesh Pro Text action

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.setTextmeshProText.DoMeshChange () (at Assets/!scripts/Playmaker Extras/TextMeshPro_Playmaker-master/actions/Basic/setTextmeshProText.cs:69)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.setTextmeshProText.OnEnter () (at Assets/!scripts/Playmaker Extras/TextMeshPro_Playmaker-master/actions/Basic/setTextmeshProText.cs:47)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (System.Int32 startIndex) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:205)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:175)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2768)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2715)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2643)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Start () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1926)
PlayMakerFSM.Start () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:548)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2019, 08:41:24 AM »
It doesn't work in Unity 2018.3 I get this error when I use Set Textmesh Pro Text action

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.setTextmeshProText.DoMeshChange () (at Assets/!scripts/Playmaker Extras/TextMeshPro_Playmaker-master/actions/Basic/setTextmeshProText.cs:69)

This error says you have a null reference exception. You are trying to set text on a non textmesh pro gameobject. Also note that textmesh and textmeshugui are not the same things. The former is a 3d object, while the latter is a uGui component. Its important to choose the correct action for the correct type of textmesh you want to change.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2019, 10:31:06 AM »
Hi.
Would it be possible to add these to the Ecosystem?

Plancksize

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 12:12:59 PM »
Hi there. Thanks for the actions.
If it's not too much, i'd love to request a couple more to add to this ones. :)

I'd love to get a pageCount and a pageToDisplay action.

For some reason using Get/Set Property on a TMPro element makes my playmaker/unity lag and freeze.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2019, 02:58:19 AM »
Hi Plancksize. Ill have a look into it. Any updates, i will post here to let you know.

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2019, 02:31:19 PM »
Hi Eric!

I hope you're doing well :) I just wanted to flag a strange issue that happened recently with these. Usually I just download the .zip from github and extract to my projects (which are usually using collaborate). But recently we migrated a project from Collaborate to GitHub and when we did, all these actions were kicking out errors of "unexpected characters" with many of them suddenly be in a different language 😳 all I had to do was remove the folder and re-extract a fresh version to it. But I wanted to let you know incase you had any ideas of why this would be the case 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for all the amazing actions, I can't tell you how helpful they've been :)

best,
craigz

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2019, 08:34:35 PM »
Hi,

It is unlikely to be the code itself, but rather after using collaborate. Otherwise, they are pretty standard unity scripts /playmaker actions. If something else comes up with them again, please let me know, thanks!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:40:30 PM by tcmeric »

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2019, 12:51:18 AM »
Hmm... yeah its really odd :/ I can't imagine anything thats happening with collaborate though, as even it's backend export relies on git... but who knows!

Here's some reference images if its helpful 🤷‍♂️

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2019, 05:07:37 AM »
Hi.
I used Collaborate a year ago on a client and we had lost os issues using that.

One of the was for example Ghost States : duplicated states in an fsm and hard to see as they are right behind the original.

I don't think this might be the case, but its good to be aware of this.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2019, 06:24:08 AM »
Hmm, looks like they got corrupted somehow. Thank you for sharing. The good news, is we are very close to having them on the ecosystem, including some minor updates/fixes!

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2019, 04:07:23 PM »
Woohoo to having them on ecosystem! :D

Hopefully in a combined package instead of separately yes? 🙏 ;)

Sounds good, thanks Eric and good notes djaydino, always some weird stuff with that. The ghost states sounds horrible though... 😵

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2020, 12:06:49 PM »
Friendly bump on the TMP actions on ecosystem :D (and hopefully to not have this strange issue again, happened today when downloading a github project) ><

dominiklussier

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2021, 10:35:03 PM »
Has anyone figured out the Chinese text issue? It happens through perforce as well