playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker window goes blank on play  (Read 1562 times)

BuddySystemGames

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker window goes blank on play
« on: May 03, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »
Hey there,
I've been having an issue since I upgraded to 5.6... If I have the playmaker editor window open and I either save any script or press play in the unity editor, the playmaker window goes blank and I get an error that repeats every frame in editor and play mode until I close that blank tab. I cannot reopen the playmaker window unless I restart unity and I already tried downloading the latest playmaker update. Any ideas? Here is the error btw:
Code: [Select]
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.Update ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow.Update () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:321)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.c

velketor

• Junior Playmaker
  • Multimedia Marathon Man
    • Shawn Kilian Portfolio
Re: Playmaker window goes blank on play
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 08:10:13 AM »
Try opening a blank project and see if you still get the same error.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker window goes blank on play
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 04:53:51 AM »
Hi,

is that still happening? if it does, check if you don't have any errors in your console, you likely have updated Unity and you may have an error or two, errors must be first solved before PlayMaker Editor to be activated properly ( a Unity restrictions unfortunatly).

If you have errors and want to update PlayMaker, you must do this manually:

1: get Playmaker from the asset store
2: locate and install the package under PlayMaker/Editor/install

Bye,

Jean