playMaker

Author Topic: Get Property, Move to Next Action  (Read 1785 times)

stvbabb

• Junior Playmaker
Get Property, Move to Next Action
« on: May 15, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying to get a property of a camera, and once this property is gotten, I want to move to the next action.

The property in question is a local.x float value and if that local.x float value is true, then I want to activate a GUI element. But, if the local.x value is false then I would not like anything to happen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: Get Property, Move to Next Action
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:15:01 AM »
You're a bit contradictory. If you want to get property and move to the next action, just just torn onthe action sequence for that state or put a new action in a new state and next frame event in the previous one.

What is true and false, does the localx.float need to be compared to a value or a range, or simply if there's no camera then there's no value?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:16:51 AM by krmko »
Available for Playmaker work

stvbabb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 03:15:21 AM »
Okay, but even then, once a float is compared - if I even need that, how would I get back to start? Compare the float again in the activate button state?

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 04:57:54 AM »
Do you need it compared every frame or on certain events? As far as i can see by clicking the button?

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 04:58:15 AM »
Do you need it compared every frame or on certain events? As far as i can see the event is pressing the button?