playMaker

Author Topic: Request - Simple Wandering AI - It just needs to move around randomly  (Read 5169 times)

bonsaisushi

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello everyone!
I'm currently looking for a wandering script for a 3d object, it just needs to move on X, Z (left and right, not upwards) inside a defined area (navMesh is okay)

I tried some tutorials on YouTube but none of them worked fine, does anyone know how to do something like this?
It just needs to move around randomly

Grendal

• Playmaker Newbie
Take a look at my simple AI tutorial/kit. It will do what you are asking and much more. You can always cut out what you don't need or add to it as you like.

During its idle loop it will make a mob/object wander randomly at whatever speed you specify (or random speed) for a given time, or distance depending on your settings in the opening blocks. It could easily be modified so that it would stop upon a trigger (as in area boundary object) as well. It also has a patrolling part you can activate that looks for waypoints.   

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=c4e5bbc12a9c7f12b45cdc82ff5d3906&topic=12870.0
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:36:24 AM by Grendal »

OneWheelStudio

• Playmaker Newbie
I've got a couple videos that might help. The first covers creating some AI that chases a player. The second is more to your question and adds in a random wander feature - the second video builds on the first.

Chase :
Random Wander :