playMaker

Author Topic: PM works in editor, not in build.  (Read 6730 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: PM works in editor, not in build.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 03:25:34 AM »
Hi,

It is  Very likely this issue. It's currently being adressed internally, hopefully a fix will be available very soon.

Bye,

Jean

stevecash83

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 03:31:39 AM »
I've finally found the solution.

Sorry to the 'Customer Support' team, I mean, 'Forum Community' that PlayMaker uses to avoid having to provide customer support.

After moving a non working project from my MacBook to a new PC running Windows 10, I noticed that most states that used 'Trigger Enter' were fixed by simply selecting 'Trigger Enter' AGAIN and the text for 'Trigger Enter' changed size. Strange, I know, but the text in the playmaker editor simply became more spread across and now all triggers work on build.

It's been frustrating and the moderators of this forum have made finding a solution something that I had to do on my own, since they spend more time typing 'No repeat posts' and basically acting as authority driven douches who care more about policing the forum than actually helping paying customers find help.

So, that being said, if you are using a Mac and are having issues where your builds aren't working, try moving your entire project to a PC and reselect the transition events to clear up a bug that makes your game unplayable on build.

I hope my experience with this will be helpful to users in the future, since getting any actual answers on this forum is more like asking a teacher in school to advise you but getting mocked for asking questions that they don't know the answer to.

I'm sure this thread will be closed and maybe even deleted soon, but for the mean time, let me just state a fact. The creators of PlayMaker and the moderators of this forum don't care to help you. This forum is NOT customer support for Playmaker. This forum is an excuse for not having customer support.

You may ask questions, and you might even get an answer. But if you're like me (not entirely patient when dealing with issues using a product you paid actual money for), I'm sure you'll find yourself in the same situation. 

So as a user of PlayMaker I have a goal. To try and help other users on this forum by answering questions with the best of my ability and diving into extensive research. For some reason, I feel like I might be the first to do so.

Again, I have to say, Playmaker is an amazing product!

This forum, however, is a pathetic excuse for customer service.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 06:01:55 AM »
Sorry to the 'Customer Support' team, I mean, 'Forum Community' that PlayMaker uses to avoid having to provide customer support.

1st off all!
I am a moderator yes, But i am not a member of the Playmaker team and i do this to help others! for free!!
So i am defiantly not customer support!

For Customer support i said already in a pm to you that you can pm or mail Alex.

It's been frustrating and the moderators of this forum have made finding a solution something that I had to do on my own, since they spend more time typing 'No repeat posts' and basically acting as authority driven douches who care more about policing the forum than actually helping paying customers find help.

Multiple post from the same person on the same problem makes it a lot harder to folow up, and this is standard on any forum.

And we did try to help..... Did you send a bug report? did you follow or reply to our questions?

How can we find a solution if you basically say 'it don't work' it ain't that simple!
Without information we can't find a solution especially with a rare/uncommon issue...
I'm sure this thread will be closed and maybe even deleted soon, but for the mean time, let me just state a fact. The creators of PlayMaker and the moderators of this forum don't care to help you. This forum is NOT customer support for Playmaker. This forum is an excuse for not having customer support.

A forum is not a customer support it is a community!

You may ask questions, and you might even get an answer. But if you're like me (not entirely patient when dealing with issues using a product you paid actual money for), I'm sure you'll find yourself in the same situation.

I am sure many disagree that people don't get any help.

Did you try the unity forum? it takes sometimes weeks to get an answer...

But you are right, if you are very inpatient (like if you are expecting an answer within a few hours and then reply 'this forum is dead' ) then indeed you have a problem.

Doh

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 10:36:58 AM »
So you gave minimal information regarding your issue, it ended up likely being down to your setup, plenty of attempts to aid you were made, you dispute the universally accepted definition of a forum in favour of your own interpretation...  a lengthy passive aggressive attack, not the best way to get help.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 07:16:49 AM »
Hi,

Just to make sure you we are all ok with this, we NEVER delete rants or posts where negative comments are made to PlayMaker even when it turns out not a PlayMaker issue, I am moderator since almost day one on this forum, and it never happened.

Indeed, it's been a HutongGames policy since day one to mix Customer Support with Forum Support. Customer Support and Forum Support is the same here because I am being contracted to provide support via the forum. Many posts you see here where first customer support contacts via emails, where we suggest to make it as a post so that others benefit from this. I am having skype sessions with share screen on problems we are trying to solve and have difficulties reproducing, etc etc. But If we were solving problems only privately, no one would benefit. Here you search the forum for your problem and you likely find a handful of threads on that problem, else, you are onto something and you should bump us until the issue is solved ( be it a unity problem, a PlayMaker problem, or your own problem in your logic implementation).

And I must say on behalf of HutongGames that we are very ( !VERY! ) proud of all the contributors that spend so much time helping others on this forum! All the work you do not only benefits others, but it also consolidate your expertise, improves your communication skills, make PlayMaker better tool, and makes good use of Internet. Good Karma across the board to say this differently :)

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 07:26:26 AM »
Hi,

Also, I think your problem might related to this: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=15332.msg70884#msg70884

Bye,

Jean

LAB618

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 08:04:09 PM »
To counter, I'd just like to say that this forum is always great and does exactly what a forum should, bring users of the software as well as members of the company together to answer questions and help each other out.

I recently had a similar problem to the OP and the team were great at finding a solution, including adding me to the beta testing group, something they didn't have to do. But I realise in order to help them fix things I had to give them as much info as I could, I couldn't just post a vague description like 'Trigger doesn't work, help please'. I went through about four days of problem solving first, pretty much re-importing every single file of a very large project one by one until I could narrow things down and find what was causing the problem (turns out it was the Global Variables file). Despite this being a massive pain I knew it was necessary in order to solve the problem.

Also, if you think it a problem with Playmaker, file a bug report.

So, thank you to the PM team and the community. Keep up the great work, without you I wouldn't be making games.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 10:33:29 PM »
Hi,
@LAB618 :
Also thank you very much to help and share that information, the more information we get on a problem, the easier it gets to find a solution.