playMaker

Author Topic: Photon Leaderboard  (Read 2856 times)

Col. Phil Bilko

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon Leaderboard
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:50:57 AM »
Hey Guys;

Ok the leaderboard is the final thing I need to add to my game before I can put the rest of the levels together, and personally my brain is completely drained, so I thought I would reach out here and ask for help.

What I need is a leaderboard of sorts which displays the Players Name, Shots in from the current scene (so an alternate INT) and a Shots Total (Again an alternate INT) I would assume. Is there a sample on how I can do this as I have googled until my eyes exploded with no luck. Also this would need to reset the SHOTS int at the start of a scene but KEEP the total shots over scenes.

I would be willing to shoot a couple bucks over to anyone that can even put together a solution I can use.

Anyway Thanks so much.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon Leaderboard
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 02:32:28 AM »
Hi

Doing a custom leaderboard is going to be indeed a project within a project :) Hopefully someone wills tep in and offer help to build that custom solution.

You'll need a server with php/mysql or similar and you'll create a database for your leaderboard with a REST API for your game to communicate with that server. I use https://fatfreeframework.com/3.6/home to run the Ecosystem and it works very well, as well as very easy to setup.

Bye,

Jean

Col. Phil Bilko

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 05:36:29 AM »
Hello Jean;

Thanks for the reply. So you have to have a SQL Database to do a score ? I just want a score board during the game not to actually save the high scores permanently. Just to display the players names, current shot on the current scene and shots over all for each player then display that locally on each of the players systems, not to store the data to keep.

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:53:39 AM »
Hi,

Players meaning local players of online players?

If you just want scores while playing, of course you can just do it inside Unity.

- first you need to get the ugui proxy full from the Ecosystem and get acquainted with how to control UI from PlayMaker. Once you create your UI leaderboard, adding scores is easy.

- I suggest you check out the ugui sample on complex list management

Bye,

Jean