playMaker

Author Topic: Trigger Event doesn't trigger  (Read 2164 times)

dshad44

• Junior Playmaker
Trigger Event doesn't trigger
« on: June 08, 2017, 03:26:26 PM »
I've been having issues with my triggers not firing lately. It's very basic, I want it to send an event when an object enters. With tag or without, I don't care. I just want it to go past the trigger state. Is anyone having issues with triggers not functioning as they're supposed to?

Ofonna

Re: Trigger Event doesn't trigger
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 09:27:16 PM »
hi what exactly are you talking about, are you talking about trigger events or global events after the trigger events have been registered?

if trigger events
1. ensure your objects have a rigid body on them
2. increase the size of one of the colliders
3. speed might also be an issue. might be moving too fast through a small collider.(this is rare but possible)
there might be a number if issues with this, i would like to know what you're trying to do or what isn't working - is it a 2d or a 3d game?

if global events
1. ensure that the gameobject your sending the fsm to has only one fsm
2.or you can simply use broadcast all

dshad44

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 04:19:56 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

It's a 3D game. I have a sphere tagged Bomb slowly falling in the negative Y direction. At the bottom of the screen, I made a large cube to be the Trigger with On Trigger Enter (which looks for the Bomb tag) and Send Event: Enter. On that same state, I have a transition event called Enter which moves onto another state. Once in that second state, I added a bunch of actions.

Well, when I hit play and observe the flow of the state machines, it never leaves the first state despite the Bomb traversing the trigger cube. If I use a Collider Event, I am able to get the Bomb to "hit" the cube at the bottom (which is no longer a trigger) and move forward with the transition event.

Are transition events only used for Player or am I missing something?

Thanks again

dshad44

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 04:23:26 PM »
Sorry, that was meant to say "Are Trigger Events" only meant to be used for Player, such as FPSController, etc? I can't seem to get the sphere and cube to interact with each other using Trigger Event the way I imagine it should.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 04:59:13 AM »
Hi,

triggers works for every scenario, but you need to have rigidbodies on them, that's likely what you are missing.

Bye,

Jean