playMaker

Author Topic: Any advice on current advertising networks/methods.  (Read 1654 times)

OddButAwesome

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Odd but Awesome Apps on Playstore
Any advice on current advertising networks/methods.
« on: July 13, 2017, 10:35:29 PM »
Hi all,

Apologies if I am in the wrong forum section - wasn't sure where this would fit.

As per subject - has anyone any advice they are willing to share on the current state of advertising networks / mediators etc?

I am at the stage where my game is mostly built. I have the level lock/select working and am wanting to place some 'watch ad for lives/coins' to generate revenue. Rewarded watching I think its called?? Not sure. Also a banner on the bottom of the main menu page to randomly appear every once and a while.

I have seen these:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/82780
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/57517

The idea of multiple networks (Admob, Rev,  etc) funneled into the one game sounds good unless I am misunderstanding how it all works. I guess this will be limited by each networks minimum withdrawal amount as well.

Playmaker actions would probs be a must as my actual coding experience is super low.

Anyways if you are willing to share your experiences that would be awesome.

Thanks
JG

PS Developing for Android mostly at the moment. Until I can get my hands on a Mac that is.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:44:36 PM by OddButAwesome »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Any advice on current advertising networks/methods.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 11:16:47 AM »
Hi,
I would suggest Ultimate mobile from stan's Assets
or Android Native Plugin from stan's Assets (you can upgrade this later when you want to make games for ios and/or windows phone)

it has a lot more than only ads,
for example  In-App purchasing, Game Services,  Social Sharing, Local And Push Notifications and many more things.

OddButAwesome

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Odd but Awesome Apps on Playstore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 09:52:20 PM »
Hi djaydino,

Thanks for the reply. :)

I have emailed their support with some questions.

Have you (or anyone else reading this) have information regarding ways to get best financial returns? No need for exact numbers haha just if you found any better using X or Y methods.

Cheers
JG

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »
Hi,
It depends a lot on your game,
you should try several similar games to your game and see how they have their ads.

Personally i hate banners on games.
Reward ads are one of the best i think but not always applicable on games.

Also in-app purchase can earn well, but also depends a lot on your game.