playMaker

Author Topic: component called PlayMaker Send Event Proxy is created automatically.[SOLVED]  (Read 1655 times)

SOL3

• Playmaker Newbie
When uGuiProxyFull.unitypackage is applied and the button created with uGui is pushed, an empty FSM component called Send Event Proxy is created in the game object named PlayMaker Send Event Proxy even though there is already a homebrewed FSM component I have gone.

Button events are working correctly, but what on earth is the empty FSM generating for?

In the comment field of FSM is written "This Fsm was created at runtime, because a script or component is willing to send a PlayMaker event".

I do not want you to generate this FSM if you do not need it.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:02:33 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: component called PlayMaker Send Event Proxy is created automatically.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 05:02:20 AM »
Hi,

It's necessary indeed, because PlayMaker must have an FSM to send an event by design.

So with the uGui and almost all proxies you'll be using, in order for a scripted Component to fire an Fsm Event, it has to have an FSM. There is no other possibilities.

Usually, developers hide the GameObject they creates, Unity has this ability to let create a component or a GameObject and not show it to you, but I choose to be up front so that you get the real deal with what's going on inside your project.

Bye,

Jean