playMaker

Author Topic: Shot Bots  (Read 3780 times)

shinodan

• Shinozone
Shot Bots
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:16:52 AM »
Howdy guys,
Been working on this game for about 6-7 months on and off between my job and family life.

It will be a top down online arena shooter (Planning for Android but who knows)
I have 8 different weapons, mines and grenades so far.
Just the 1 level currently though, i want to concentrate on the engine then expand with levels so i am avoiding getting caught up designing levels until the mechanics are a bit more solidly in place.

Some other assets besides Playmaker i am using (No Code required)

Photon Networking
Control Freak 2

I am posting for a bit of feedback in any regard. I am hitting that wall i usually hit after months working on a game where i feel like it sucks, so if anyone has any input at all, it might encourage me on a bit and actually finish (i never have) a game after 15 years of making them! :O :(

Please do check out the video, i would be ever so great full...

https://sendvid.com/2orcv5sa

Sorry about the photo Quality, I screen Captured directly from my phone.

TheDogCatcher

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Shot Bots
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:05:39 PM »
Hi,

After watching the video it looks as though things are working nicely in terms of functionality, but I think the visuals let you down somewhat. All that grey for the environment isn't very appealing, maybe aim for something a bit more colourful and eyecatching. Also maybe add a bit more detail and variety to the level.

I like those touch screen controls you have there, I'm currently debating whether to port my own project over to Android at some time in the future, so I'll definately be taking a look at Control Freak 2 somewhere along the line.

Anyway I think you should keep at it, it's far from the worst Unity project I've ever seen.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Shot Bots
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 01:45:48 PM »
Hi,
I know the feeling i had/have many projects that i didn't finished.
But then i did a click in my head (and said to myself for g#*&$*% finish this game already...bad or not bad!)
Now i am picking up my older projects one by one and finish them also.

Also a good thing is to get others involved and not only close friends as they tend not to say the truth about your game.
Those people might give you new ideas, perspectives, tweaks
which fuels your interest again to work on the game(s)

Control Freak 2 looks good indeed and cheap.