playMaker

Author Topic: Issues moving project to new PC (PM adding events)  (Read 1413 times)

charming_fox

• Junior Playmaker
Issues moving project to new PC (PM adding events)
« on: December 04, 2017, 10:49:23 AM »
Hi, I hope someone can help out, I'm having a bit of a nightmare, I have a project which is quite large and working perfectly on my old PC. When I bring across the project to my new PC I am getting a weird issue:

Throughout the whole project, in every single action that an event can be specified (like Play Random Animation for example) that I had left intentionally blank there is now the Finish event. This means I have 600+ errors in each scene. Elsewhere, references to variables are being lost left right and centre.

I have tried many combinations of versions and I'm even getting the same issue when going from and to the same version (Unity 5.6.3p2)...

Any insight at all into this would be really helpful.

Thank you !!

omgitstri

• Playmaker Newbie
    • My Prototypes
Re: Issues moving project to new PC (PM adding events)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:02:29 PM »
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is going to help but maybe you can try to rebuild your library on the new pc? Recopy the project over but make sure you delete the Library folder before opening it in unity.

I hope this helps.
Tri Nguyen
Game Designer at Nvizzio Creations

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »
Hi,
Can you try Exporting the scenes deselect dependencies from your old pc and then import them on the new pc/project folder.

To export select the scene in the project window, right click and select export package..

charming_fox

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 03:44:16 AM »
Thank you guys I'll give it a go