playMaker

Author Topic: Play Animation Finish event (when playing in reverse)  (Read 4657 times)

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
Play Animation Finish event (when playing in reverse)
« on: April 20, 2011, 04:37:57 AM »
Hello there , and thank Alex for your great and nice tool ( i am still learning it )

I have one question about a little issue I got today

here is the deal , I am firing animation to play when MouseDown event get called and then wait for the animation to finish before allowing a the MouseDown event to be active and fire next anim

work well when i play them in a forward manners , but when i play the animation in reverse, the FINISHED event on the play animation action get call instantly , before animation stop.

this doesn't act like that all time , sometimes I get the finish event called really when the anim end, but sometimes ( quite often ) not

looking in the script I see that you use ActionHelper class to define when an animation actually is finished but I could not look further in it

so any hint on what could cause that issue , or point me to something i could had forgot

thanks !

giyomu

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Play Animation Finish event (when playing in reverse)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 05:51:24 AM »
Hi,

I ran into this as well, and I knew at the time I would need more flexibility then just playing forward and backward so I use instead SetAnimationTime and animate myself a value from 0 to 1 the way I want, it works very well and gives you total control without any issues.

I use a combination of floatAdd, floatClamp and floatCompare to achieve control and detection over the animation state evolution.

Maybe Alex or someone  actually knows about your issue and has a proper fix or work around.

Bye,

Jean

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
Re: Play Animation Finish event (when playing in reverse)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 05:57:50 AM »
thanks jean, you seem to be the playmaker "dreamora" alike person  ;D

Ok well I will see eventually to follow along what you explain to me , by the time, yes maybe alex may come up with a fix to this

thank you for your quick reply, really appreciate !