playMaker

Author Topic: Itween move to with exisiting paths  (Read 46420 times)

SpencerPDX

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Itween move to with exisiting paths
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2016, 05:39:59 PM »
Hello! I realize this is an old thread, but it still seems to be the most relevant.

I tried using the action originally posted at the start of this thread, iTweenMoveTo_v2.cs, but I got the error:

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/iTweenMoveTo_v2.cs(66,38): error CS0115: `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.iTweenMoveTo_v2.OnDrawGizmos()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

To get to where I could run in game mode, and not being sure what else to do, I commented out lines 66-78. That at least let me run, but I'm not sure what else I might have broken in the process. The object I'm trying to animate, a plane, does follow the path - and that's a relief - but it's not orienting itself along the direction of movement. Not sure if that's related.

Greatly appreciate the custom action, any further help would be most welcome.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 02:36:27 AM »
Hi,

Can you get the version from the Ecosystem that I just uploaded, it fixes the issue.

Bye,

Jean

SpencerPDX

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2016, 04:15:45 PM »
A month later, and I finally got a chance to install Ecosystem and give this fix a try. It worked! The errors seem to be no more.

Incidentally, I mentioned not being able to get the plane to orient itself to the path, despite having "Orient to Path" checked. I found the answer to that problem here:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3359.0

...where courtneyrocks says:

You have to include a Look Ahead value. I think this determines how far ahead on the path the object is looking. I ended up using a a value of 0.001 and it finally works as it should.

Vitally important info, IMO. Obviously it's more an issue with itween than with Playmaker, but on Playmaker's side, in the tooltip for the Look Ahead value, which currently says you can enter a value between 0 and 1, it would be really helpful if it mentioned that 0.001 is a good value to for getting the object to orient to a path without any derivation - the way I would think most people would expect it to work.

Normally I can just trial-my-error my way into figuring something like that out, but I tried 1, then 0, then .5 then .3 ... None of them came close to working. With 0 having not worked, it didn't occur to me that a tiny fraction higher (.001) would work perfectly.

Thanks again!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2016, 02:02:44 AM »
Hi

Done :)

Bye,

Jean

cgmonkey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2016, 03:30:59 PM »
Hi, sorry if I missed it but the speed seems to be based on the distance between the nodes?
Can I change this to be a constant speed? or control the speed myself?
I've tried the time option and the speed option but both slow down if the nodes are closer together

tankun

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2017, 12:06:37 PM »
Hi, sorry if I missed it but the speed seems to be based on the distance between the nodes?
Can I change this to be a constant speed? or control the speed myself?
I've tried the time option and the speed option but both slow down if the nodes are closer together

It's an old issue I'm aware but I'm curious about the answer to this question too. Is there a way to make the speed constant between path nodes?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2017, 03:41:53 AM »
Hi,
Itween is outdated and sloooow

you should use dotween instead,
you can get actions for dotween here

kavery

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »
Can you control speed with Dotween? As people mentioned above, the speed depends on the distance between nodes. I need something that is a steady pace.

Looping a path would be nice too, Or maybe I just put the end next tot he start node and replay moveTo.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2017, 10:26:49 PM »
Hi,
In the loop section you have several settings

best is to play around with them to understand how they work :)

kavery

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2017, 09:51:57 AM »
Well there is loop type to continue the movement, and then there is looping/connecting the curve itself. It was a pleasure to realize that if you copy the location inputs of the first node and paste to the last node, the curve actually connects and smooths out.

EDIT: However the point where the start and end meet causes a nasty jerk when the MoveTov2 starts a new loop.  :(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:55:55 AM by kavery »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »
Hi,
To fine tune can be tricky sometimes,

Can you make a simple scene only with this move to, and export / upload  or a video showing the issue + actions/states/fsms/variables?