playMaker

Author Topic: Touch Object parented to armature  (Read 2911 times)

Horror

• Junior Playmaker
Touch Object parented to armature
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:28:36 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug, an error on my part, or just unsupported.

I am currently trying to setup a rigged character with hit locations (Chest, arms, head, and legs). The hit locations are defined by capsule colliders which are parented to the appropriate bone on the armature. An FSM with a Touch Object Event is then applied to the collider.

These touch events are not registering for some reason. If I unparent them from the mesh, then the touch will register, which led me to believe these touch objects don't like being parented; but then I did a test by parenting a couple of cubes and they seem to work just fine.

Could it have something to do with being parented to the armature mesh? I've been mucking around on this for hours trying to get it to work but it won't budge.

kiriri

Re: Touch Object parented to armature
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
I have realized such a setup with rigidbodies, just apply the rigidbody to the bone instead of the collidermesh and it should work. At least it does for me. It falls down though if you don't have any animation running and you should make sure to constraint it on all axis.
Best,
Sven

Horror

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Touch Object parented to armature
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:38:17 AM »
Do you mean add the Rigidbody to the entire armature or to the specific bone that the collider is parented to? I still can't get it to work, I've tried adding a Rigidbody to the armature, the collider, the bone that the collider is attached to, and a combination of each... nothing :(