playMaker

Author Topic: Starting a Youtube Channel  (Read 15108 times)

Uttpd

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Starting a Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:54 AM »
great initiative!
Only saw a few, already downloading the lot. AI is a great addition to playmaker tutorials

Im on my way to "build" a character controller using  mouse input. I´v only found a controller tutorial from Huton dealing with keyboard input. Strangely none of the tutorials deal with  mouse, look at, move to, smooth etc.. so if your planning doing one, give me a heads up or point in the direction.
Thanks for your work.

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »
That's good to know!  I actually avoid monodevelop as much as possible.  Bloated, slow and crashes my editor quite frequently, so I always uncheck it when installing now. 

Also: Sorry for hijacking your thread.  :(

Red

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 03:26:37 PM »
great initiative!
Only saw a few, already downloading the lot. AI is a great addition to playmaker tutorials

Im on my way to "build" a character controller using  mouse input. I´v only found a controller tutorial from Huton dealing with keyboard input. Strangely none of the tutorials deal with  mouse, look at, move to, smooth etc.. so if your planning doing one, give me a heads up or point in the direction.
Thanks for your work.

good to hear you're excited... but to be clear, i would ask that you do not repost them to either youtube or other sites. If you have a good connection, feel free to watch them as well...

to be completely frank, i'm hoping that these can generate a little bit of extra income since right as of this point, my finances are not in the best of shape. it kinda goes with the territory of being freelance... sometimes you have to scrounge when you're in between contracts. so, i'm hoping that this can be built to supplement my meager income.

this economy kinda sucks so you have to find ways of making money when you can... and this is a legit way of doing so... at least until my game launches (which is still a ways away.)

Uttpd

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
no worries, totally understand you
My connection is not reliable so I usually grab them while I can. Will try to watch on the tube.

Red

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »
no worries, totally understand you
My connection is not reliable so I usually grab them while I can. Will try to watch on the tube.

Cool! and thank you!

i don't have an issue with you DLing them though... i mean, my first priority is trying to share what i've learned so that users can also learn as well but i would be lying if i said it was only for the thrill of the hunt... heck, you never know... if it gets as big as BergzergArcade, i might be able to drop the freelancing and spend more time making my games *shrugs* but i guess time will tell.

that being said, chapter 1 of the AI tutorial is done now and uploaded. 10 eps... next chapter i'm going to see about getting this AI from basic to intermediate... so, hoping to add in aggro management, waypoints for paths and if i can manage it i would love to add in a pathfinding algorithm system... but i admit i'm learning as i go and i am not an expert.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 06:23:00 AM »
Hi Red,

Thanks you for all the work you are doing!

Can I put a page up on the user wiki to reference your videos?

bye,

Jean

Red

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 09:55:16 AM »
Hi Red,

Thanks you for all the work you are doing!

Can I put a page up on the user wiki to reference your videos?

bye,

Jean

Sure! if it can help users learn how to harness playmaker i'm all for that.

brendang

• Junior Playmaker
    • Out to Play Interactive
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
Red,

These are terrific.  You have a great ability to communicate and introduce important concepts in a clear well paced fashion.  You're clearly talented and well versed in Unity and PLaymaker.  I have no doubt you'll see good things from this wonderful initiative.

best,
Brendan G.

tbelgrave

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Ispyr Inc
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »
Cheers for this awesome thread Red, and your contribution artician, I'm now thinking of a mix of the two methods. Playmaker has been a boon for me in large part the contributions from this community. Hope you keep going Red.

gamedivision

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 02:31:16 PM »
i just have to say what an amazing job your doing,and im looking forward to your future tutorials,ive already subscribed to your youtube channel.

thanks

mickman

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 03:58:46 PM »
I gotta admit I've watched your vids over & over & over...  so much to learn here

Awesome Job....    Thanks a million   :)

Red

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:51 PM »
Thank you for all the positive vibes!

also, Just a head's up, another tutorial series is being made and the first few videos have been posted.

this series covers how to create a system to control a third-person perspective camera so as to give you the ability to control the shot composition of the game you're playing and to give a little bit more visual appeal... and a teleporter (because that kinda needs a bit of camera trickery to pull it off... but that one is going to be posted tomorrow... it's late here and i am tired. :P)

-Third Person perspective camera control system with cinematic trigger points.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:50:21 AM by Red »