playMaker

Author Topic: CMD+S resets my FSM (and deletes all changes made)  (Read 6844 times)

FlapFail

• Playmaker Newbie
CMD+S resets my FSM (and deletes all changes made)
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »
Hi there,

First: I got the newest version of Playmaker and Unity 3.5.2f2.
My problem is, that if I select any FSM on a GameObject, make any changes and then hit cmd+s to save my project (or my scene) it's often the case that my changes will just disapear. I had some cases where I made several changes to different FSM's and every single change was just gone.

This is very annoying because the whole scene is acting different than I would expect, AND I have to make the same things often up to 4 times until it stays in the playmaker...

I really love this tool, but it drives me crazy since this version.

I also got NGUI installed, just as additional information, maybe it's something with that, I don't know..

EDIT: I forgot to say that even variables, events and so on disapear, not just states!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:46:27 PM by FlapFail »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: CMD+S resets my FSM (and deletes all changes made)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:46:04 AM »
Hi,

try from the menu without keyboard shortcuts. Save the scene first, and then save the projects.

Are you on mac or windows?

bye,

Jean

yezzer

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 03:45:59 AM »
FYI I have noticed this too, with just playmaker - no NGUI in this project. Same version of Unity, running on OSX Lion.

Really quite annoying!
Freelance games & App developer using Unity3D, Flash & Adobe AIR for web, iOS, & Android. Interested in AR & other emerging tech.
@yezzer

FlapFail

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 04:50:56 AM »
Pressing the menu buttons instead of CMD+S does not make a difference...
Like yezzer, I am on a Mac OS X Lion.

I am working the whole day with Unity + Playmaker, and this bug really drives me crazy!
At least 2-3 out of 5 savings will end up deleting all changes made! Even if I not save and just press 'Play' all changes will be deleted, just like if I would save the Project/Scene.

If a make any complex state machine and forget to save after every single state (!!) everything is gone.

This is really serious..

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 05:20:31 AM »
Hi,

odd, I am osx lion too, never got that! Is it saving ok when you deselect gameObjects?

bye,

Jean

FlapFail

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:51:07 AM »
Sometimes it's gone if I am in the state machine, and sometimes it's gone if a am somewhere else. I did not really figure out where, when or why this failure occurs ...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »
I would love to get a repro case for this - I haven't seen this on my end, so it's hard to fix!

A few questions:

- Can you confirm you have the latest version of Playmaker: 1.4.2f1
- How are you selecting FSMs to edit *exactly*? Selecting a GameObject in the Hierarchy View? In the Fsm Browser...?
- Can you confirm that you're not playing the game when you're editing/saving?
- Are you working on Prefabs?

FlapFail

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »
Hi Alex,

I just took a look, and it is v 1.4.2f1 for sure.
It's different how I select FSM's, sometimes through the Hierachy View, sometimes via Gizmo and sometimes just via click on the Gameobject in the Sceneview. I never used the FSM broser.
I am pretty sure this bug occured on every single way at least once.
I'm not playing while editing.
I never selected a Prefab in the Project View and edited it this way, if you mean this.
But almost every FSM is on an instance of a Prefab..

There's some weird thing I just recognized, I added a variable to my FSM and enabled the 'Inspector' checkbox to access it this way. Usually the var appears in the inspector right after checking this box. But it did not at this time. I deleted this var again, to try it a second time. But still no var in my inspector.
Then I saved and all my changes were gone..

I realized that every time where my changes were gone, there was this "inspector bug", too.

I hope you know what I mean...

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Almost forgot, often when I create a new State via right click -> Add New State and then press Tab to edit the name, hit enter to confirm, the name is not saved. It is still named "State 1", and im sure that my cursor was in the input field on the right side, enter confirms and the input field looses focus.
Sometimes I have to make this several times until the state gets renamed.

Maybe the same issue?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:12:47 PM by FlapFail »

yezzer

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 08:24:43 AM »
I'm getting exactly the same as FlapFail, and I'm using it in the same way - I select the FSM in a variety of different ways. I'm not exactly sure what causes it, but I'm wondering if it might be something to do with Prefabs..

If I figure out what causes it, i'll let you know. Meanwhile, I'm glad it's not just me getting this :D
Freelance games & App developer using Unity3D, Flash & Adobe AIR for web, iOS, & Android. Interested in AR & other emerging tech.
@yezzer

FlapFail

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
Well I got some suspects, today I did not have ANY problems this kind. Everything runs smooth.
At the moment I don't think the problem is caused by playmaker or unity.

Are you working with Photoshop and/or Cinema 4D ?

yezzer

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »
Ok, i've noticed something that might be of use.

When I have the Playmaker window in the same tab area as the Scene and Game windows, I get this problem.

When I have it in a separate area, I rarely (if ever) get this problem.

Of course, it *might* just be coincidence.

Flapfail: I use Photoshop occasionally, but I'm betting it's not related.

[edit: this is a new project, and i'm not using prefabs]
@yezzer

FlapFail

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 01:57:29 PM »
Well I cannot share the fact that it's something with playmaker being docked in the same window. Im always using playmaker on a separate monitor :)

But I did not get this error since a few days now. And I'm working with playmaker every day...

yezzer

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
Ah, I've also upgraded to Unity 3.5.3f3. Are you also running that?
@yezzer