playMaker

Author Topic: Uncheck "Show state labels in game view" by default  (Read 3161 times)

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Uncheck "Show state labels in game view" by default
« on: February 22, 2018, 12:33:03 PM »
Hi.

As the title indicates, I'd like to have the default Playmaker setup "Show state labels in game view" to be unchecked.

The reason is, even if I uncheck it, this setting will not go through Unity's Collaborate feature. As a result, the people working with me on the project will have the states in game view and worse, might send an executable this way.

An other reason is, I am mainly working on VR project and they don't appear in the headset. So it's easy to forget about it when trying a product on an other machine before a demonstration.

Overall, having it on by default will create teamworking issues, one of which being teammates seeing Playmaker as a reliability or a nuisance when you ask them to change their Playmaker settings.

For these reasons I think this feature should be turned on by people needing it and not the other way around.

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Uncheck "Show state labels in game view" by default
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 01:30:23 AM »
Hi,

It is strongly not recommended to use Unity Collaborate with PLayMaker, there are known issues if concurrent editing is done on an FSM, this will liklely end up with corrupted Fsm and a manual recovery of it.

Prefer using bitbucket or Github with regular Git repositories, it's totally stable and you have full control over what to ignore in the project.

But you have a good point nonetheless. I'll forward this to Alex for consideration.

Bye,

Jean

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 04:46:03 AM »
I second the op’s point. Those labels get annoying after a while and I don’t need them that often, I usually turn them off as soon as I create an FSM. When I’m in productive flow it can be quite jarring to stop what I’m doing just to switch it off on new ones.

It’s unusual to have ‘debug mode’ on by default anyway. :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:55:58 AM »
Hi,

yes, it's been raised internally, likely it will get addressed for the next update.

Bye,

Jean

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 12:12:08 PM »
Hi,

It is strongly not recommended to use Unity Collaborate with PLayMaker, there are known issues if concurrent editing is done on an FSM, this will liklely end up with corrupted Fsm and a manual recovery of it.

Prefer using bitbucket or Github with regular Git repositories, it's totally stable and you have full control over what to ignore in the project.

But you have a good point nonetheless. I'll forward this to Alex for consideration.

Bye,

Jean

Thanks Jean.

About collaborate, I'm a bit surprised. I've used it with playmaker a full year an never had any issue, but I'm usually the sole programmer on the team and pretty organised about not working on the same file, so that helps.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »
Me too, sole developer, using collaborate for another layer of backup basically, never had any fuckups.
Available for Playmaker work

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 02:16:09 AM »
Hi,

Yes, if you are a solo developer, and only have one source for editing, then it's fine. Problem occurs if you have concurrent developers working on the same fsm and pulling/pushing at the same time.

Bye,

Jean