playMaker

Author Topic: Ricochet Remake  (Read 10722 times)

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
Ricochet Remake
« on: February 28, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »
Hi all,  so long story short, I made a game 3 years ago, abandoned it because of a huge bug I couldn't solve at the time and now started from scratch a couple weeks ago because I no longer have the old project on my PC.

While the remake is not yet released, here is some early footage of a test level showcasing portals!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:30:31 AM by MattyWS »

henry

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Ricochet Remake
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:13:57 PM »
Nice looking puzzle game

I bet you skill as game developer and playmaker have improved over the three.

looking forward to more.

Henry
New to playmaker but have used construct 2

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:12:55 AM »
It looks really good, i like puzzles and glowy stuff, hope you'll keep us updated!
Available for Playmaker work

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 09:57:43 AM »
Thanks, if you want to give it a whirl you can try out the first 15 levels! Please note that I made sure to keep the first 15 levels simple enough for anyone to grasp the concept, since my previous attempt at this game everyone really struggled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bkmgwoksiwl3lv/RicochetBounce.zip?dl=0

the 15th level introduces portals!

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 10:29:42 AM »
Hi just to update ya'll, I've made up  to level 25 so far but the reason I slowed down was that I had a few months of trying to find a new job after leaving Rare ltd. I'm happily working at Firesprite now and I'll get more free time soon again for this!

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 05:46:08 AM »
I'm finish up on level 21, where I have added an extra layer of difficulty with an new feature; Automatically turning bars! (orange bars)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:48:23 AM by MattyWS »

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 09:15:20 AM »
Just a quick update to say this is still ongoing. Here's a video of level 25! Orange bars switch automatically, making timing extremely important

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 11:31:57 AM »
Hi.
Looks nice. i would play this :D

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 12:46:27 PM »
Thanks! I've just gone through recently and redesigned a lot of earlier levels after now having a bit more know how about what works and what doesn't. I've also polished some menus and sorted out a few compatibility issues with people who've tried testing on frankly really old computers (who still uses 32bit OS anymore?!). I've got 28 levels I'm happy with and two more that I'm still shuffling around so a total of 30 so far. I'm hoping to get it to 50 levels before I even consider releasing it but I have a steam developer account with 1 game slot open waiting for me to publish. :)

I've learned a lot about Unity by making this game, namely not to rely on physics or moving objects for set amounts of time because both methods simply aren't precise. So instead I've managed by making the ball tween a single unit in a specific direction, check whats there and either continue or change directions respectively. Playmaker has been extremely handy for this... It seems complex at first for a simple ball movement but it's extremely reliable at any speed. :D

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 06:54:41 PM »
Plodding along still, the first level with 'connected' bars. The blue ish green bars all turn when you click on one of them. Makes things real hard to keep track tbh. Very hard to 3 star this level...

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 06:43:33 PM »
lvl32

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 02:09:53 PM »
Working away still, now on Level 35 with an introduction to 2 new connected portals! Purple and green portals act like orange and blue portals. :)

Other changes include animated icons now for collectables and such in the level as well as darker 'void' areas outsider of the playable areas on each level, should help people focus.

PolyMad

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 08:32:17 AM »
Cool, but before opening the thread, I thought this was about this game  ;D ;D ;D

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 02:44:32 PM »
Heh, yea I changed the name to Ricochet: Bounce for the Steam Store because of this.

MattyWS

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2020, 05:29:19 PM »
I know it's been a while but I'm back on track with this, here is level 41! Thats right, two balls and new features like coloured walls that you have to remove by pressing the associated coloured buttons.:)