playMaker

Author Topic: Array Maker - Shuffle Range Action  (Read 4536 times)

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
Array Maker - Shuffle Range Action
« on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
Hello,

Firstly I must say that I just love Array Maker, I simply could not create my latest game project without it!

Now, i'm using the "Array List Shuffle" action to randomize items of my array which works great. Although I would love to have an action that lets me shuffles a specific range within an array.

For example; if I have an array containing 20 items, I would like to be able to shuffle the first 5 items, leaving the rest of the items in their original order.

I can currently do this in a very convoluted way (I create a new array, fill it with the first five items of the original array, shuffle the new array then replace the first five items of the original array with the new shuffled array).

It would be far easier if someone (*cough* Jean *cough*) could create one single action to remove the need of a convoluted loop of states  :-)

Thanks!

Simon

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Array Maker - Shuffle Range Action
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 08:39:19 AM »
Hi,

Thanks :) I am glad you find arrayMaker useful! If you have any other comments or things that you would like improved etc, don't hesitate.

Allow me few days, and I'll update that action so that you can define a range for the shuffling. Don't hesitate to come back to me if next week you haven't heard anything back ok?

bye,

Jean

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »
Wow now that's what I call service!

You are an absolute credit to the Play Maker community Jean! Thank you so very much!

Simon

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 04:47:16 AM »
Hi,

Here we go:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=835.0;attach=1042

Sorry for the delay, slowly getting back up to speed with all the pending stuff...

bye,

Jean