playMaker

Author Topic: Can't get PM tab/tool to show up, although all the project assets do.  (Read 2594 times)

Sovarius

• Playmaker Newbie
As in title.

I see on PM tutorials what it's supposed to look like but i can't get there.

On the left of this image is my screen, on the right 2 different users' tutorial vids.

I looked up solutions but found none that worked. I have no errors. I have tried to load PM from Unity Hub or from Import Package under Assets. I have tried closing and reopening Unity and with different projects. Actually, as it stands, i haven't 'used' PM yet.

I am using Unity 2018.1.0f2 Personal and PM 1.8.9

Kathar

• Playmaker Newbie
Can't seem to see your screenshot, but are you trying to open the Playmaker Editor through the top menu bar? Up top, "Playmaker > Playmaker Editor", then drag that window wherever you'd like to dock it

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
are you using two screens? disable one screen and see if the editor window pops on to your main screen.

Sovarius

• Playmaker Newbie
Here is a direct link to image, i don't know how i screwed it up.

https://i.imgur.com/at9exNF.png

Let me know if that works Kathar.

I am using 2 screens Richard, but i don't think that is the issue at all. I have windows that occasionally act like you describe, but i don't have a playmaker window at all. There isn't even an option in the drop down menu.

I will try that though.

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
Install Playmaker ?
Is it installed?

Sovarius

• Playmaker Newbie
I have, through import package and then through the drop down menu. But nothing changes when i hit "install playmaker".

Today, i can't get that dropdown menu to appear at all.

I may need to completely start over.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

do you have errors in the Unity console? if you do, they need to be fixed before PlayMaker editor can work properly.

Bye,

Jean

Sovarius

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Can't get PM tab/tool to show up, although all the project assets do.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 03:30:48 PM »
I didn't see anything like that but i am trying again, and will check. What would say or show 'error' in the console?

To be (more) clear, i didn't do anything but playmaker. Didn't start a scene or add other assets.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Can't get PM tab/tool to show up, although all the project assets do.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 12:39:28 AM »
Hi.
When you import playmaker, you should get a install window like this :

But this will not popup if there are any red errors in the console or a possible (rare) conflict with another asset/script.

if for some other reason it did not popup you can go to the folder : PlayMaker/Editor/Install
There should be a package (or multiple packages if you upgrade from older version) called Playmaker.x.x.x (x.x.x = version nr)
try installing the latest version from there.