playMaker

Author Topic: Need Help with a GUI Button  (Read 2609 times)

E_Ensey

• Playmaker Newbie
Need Help with a GUI Button
« on: July 06, 2012, 03:13:48 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm trying to use a trigger to cause a gui button to appear when entered and then disappear when you exit but I'm not having much luck. I've tried using the Enable gui action but it doesn't seem to work. If anyone out there could give me a few pointers to solve this problem I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Need Help with a GUI Button
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 04:00:41 AM »
Hi,

triggers are only for physical gamObjects, what you want I think is checking for mouse over right?

It's very easy actually: Use the built in events "MOUSE OVER" and "MOUSE EXIT" on a gameObject with a gui texture and they will detect when mouse is over or not.

Are you acquainted with playmaker? or do you need a sample? I have attached anyway a screenshot of how you need to set up your fsm to begin with all this. It assume you do have a gui texture on that same gameObject and that the gui texture is visible on screen obviously.

bye,

Jean

E_Ensey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »
Thank you very much, I will give that a try. I'm am not familiar with playmaker or programing actually. My area of knowledge is animation. We just have a small team so this job kinda landed on my plate. Thank you for the example and your response.

-Eric

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:05:17 AM »
Hi,

ok, so the first stop for you is to make a cup of tea or whatever :) and watch *ALL* the videos and screencast playmaker is providing, so that you get acquainted with how playmaker is working.

http://www.hutonggames.com/tutorials_game_design_with_playmaker.php

Bye,

Jean