playMaker

Author Topic: Audio (Solved)  (Read 2127 times)

Bainto

• Playmaker Newbie
Audio (Solved)
« on: June 24, 2018, 10:35:50 PM »
Im trying to get a setup for audio to fade in and out when a player enters a trigger zone.

Currently I have
Start ->Trigger Enter->Audio Play ->Trigger Exit -> Audio Stop -> Trigger Enter -> Audio play (this section looping back to the play so everytime player enters it will know to continue instead of stop) I know theres a way but i havent figured it out yet. Im new to both playmaker and coding so be gentle :P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 02:13:27 AM by Bainto »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Audio
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 07:09:44 AM »
Hi,
Maybe you want to use 'audio pause'?

If you want to 'fade' the volume, you can use 'Audio Fade In' and Audio Fade Out'
These to are custom actions which you can find on the Ecosystem (along with many other custom actions) :)

Bainto

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 08:33:41 AM »
thank you :D anywhere specific i should place them in order to achieve my ability to loop when the player re-enters and re-exits

Bainto

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 09:15:29 AM »
ok so i tried this 2 ways i know im missing something and i know its going to be easier than im making it. 1st attempt i added audio fade out as a state and audio fade in as a state. When i did this audio fade out started the sound from the beginning and didnt really sound like it was fading out, and audio fade in seemed to do nothing. they transitioned correctly but didnt seem to work.

So then I removed those 2 and added them as a piece to the current states of audio play and audio stop. but they dont seem to have any effect on the audio it shows it activate and work but doesnt do anything... any advice?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 12:07:38 PM »
Hi.
I know that there where some changes to the audio system so i will have a look at the actions when i get home.

Bainto

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 10:07:38 PM »
Thank you. Im currently using the latest version (non-Beta) for windows if that helps any :D

Bainto

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »
Did anyone find anything out? Still trying with no luck

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 08:08:35 PM »
Hi.
The actions don't work indeed .

So i made a new action called 'Audio Fade'
Which you can use to fade in AND out.
With a ease in/out and linear mode.

You can get it on the Ecosystem

Bainto

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 02:12:21 AM »
perfect! TY :D

PlaymakerNOOB

Re: Audio (Solved)
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 12:58:06 PM »
It appears on the ecosystem that 'Fade In' is actually 'Fade Out' and 'Fade Out' is actually 'Fade In'.  Is it possible to get these corrected?

Because if you set an audio clip to play at volume 1, and then use Fade In at 5 seconds, the volume on the audio clip moves from 1 to 0 over 5 seconds, indicating that its acting as a Fade Out action.   

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 03:35:33 AM »
oups :)

corrected, please update from the ecosystem. Let me know if all is ok on your end.

Bye,

Jean

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 08:16:56 AM »
Thanks!