playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker and Panoply  (Read 3436 times)

Setting

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker and Panoply
« on: July 03, 2018, 07:58:21 PM »
Hi. I'm new in the forum, and newest in the playmaker, so please any help I'll be pleased. I'm using the panoply asset, that allows me to specify events in the camera in the current view (this is an asset for comics narrative that operates the camera of Unity), but I'm trying to use playmaker with to control animations in the project. So far I could insert a play animation control, and when I get some specified condition, the animation plays, my problem is that I don't realize what to do for replay the animation when that current camera returns active in the view...

Or, if maybe be more clarifying, how to replay an animation if some conditional?

Thanks any help

Seth

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Playmaker and Panoply
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 08:17:13 PM »
Hi.
I can see that the asset has dedicated actions.

my guess is that you need to use Go To 1st step.

You can place that on state with a global transition to trigger. (and maybe also set as start state)

Here is a video about Global transitions :

Setting

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:14:40 AM »
HI. thanks for the help. But the problem is the animation I made is a 2d sprite, I try your sample, but when I return the Panel (a function in Panoply that act like the camera in unity), it means when the animation in screen appears again, I can't make it replay the animation... Please, any help, some screen with an example of the playmaker FSM configuration, I'll be glad.

Seth

Setting

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 04:04:40 PM »
I can get to be more clarifying, I could post a video sample...

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 06:38:40 AM »
Hi.
I can't test my self as i do not own the asset, but you can still post a video here.
The more info the better, and maybe someone else owns the asset and knows what to do :)

Also try contacting the author :)

Setting

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »
Hi. Thanks for answer. I put this video, when the panel with the character takes the screen, follows the animation, but when the panel is put off, I don't make it work the animation replay, for when the panel come back again, the animation play form the beginning.

Please, any help I'll be appreciate.

Seth

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »
Hi.
I mean a video showing your fsm/state/actions, if possible in a better quality :)
you can upload to youtube,a dropbox link or something like that.

What i can see that you get a warning for 2 audio listeners (probably you have 2 cameras, remove from one of the cameras)

and (more important) you have a loop error, which means that there is something wrong with your setup. (it happens around 7 sec in the video)

Setting

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 07:13:12 PM »
Hi djaydino, and thank you for the help... This is the new video in more resolution, hope you understand what I'm trying to do. When the scene with the characters appears, the animation play, and the goblin jump... then the screen turn back, but I can't make the animation of the goblin replays.

Thanks

Seth

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7dqvfxy6xrhpay/unity.mp4?dl=0

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 08:20:21 PM »
Hi.
State 2  is not triggered anywhere and when arrived at step 2 you will get an infinite loop which will break the fsm.

I am not sure but try this :

State 1 :

Leave like it is.

State Play :

Remove the global transition (Finished)
Place  'Arrive At Step' (1) action below 'Animator play'.
Change the 'Finished' Transition to 'Tocando' and drag the arrow to state 2

State 2 :

Remove 'Arrive At Step' (1) change Tocando to FINISHED and keep arrow to State 1.

Setting

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 12:05:39 PM »
Thank you djaydino, that works for me.