playMaker

Author Topic: Setting Rotation Limits For Smooth Look At? [FIXED]  (Read 1900 times)

V--R

• Playmaker Newbie
Setting Rotation Limits For Smooth Look At? [FIXED]
« on: July 24, 2018, 11:35:34 AM »
I'd like to set limits to the Smooth Look At action. I have the Clamp Rotation action from the ecosystem but I can't seem to get it to work along with the Smooth Look At. Can someone help me figure out how to properly set them up together?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 03:20:20 PM by V--R »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Setting Rotation Limits For Smooth Look At?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:53:00 AM »
Hi,

Can you clamp with a regular lookat? if yes, use a regular look at, use it on sibling of your real looking source, add a target as a child of that straight look at, and smoothlook that target instead.

Bye,

Jean

V--R

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »
The problem is I don't know how to lay the clamp out along with the look at in general. I have the clamp underneath the look at and it doesn't seem to be affecting it.

V--R

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
Update: So here's how I currently have it set up.

In State 1 I have "Smooth Look At" on that moves to state 2 which as "Clamp Rotation" and another "Smooth Look At" that sends it back to the first one.

It currently "works" in this state however once the look at point (the player) moves further than the maximum boundary the clamp is set to (aka when the player moves behind the character whose head is following the player) the head will start twitching, getting stronger the further out of the clamp boundary they are. So like if I were behind the character their head would vibrate/twitch violently.

How would I go about solving this twitching error?

V--R

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 12:57:31 PM »

Here's an image of the current setup.

V--R

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »
I fixed it, just had to set the Look At before the clamps.