playMaker

Author Topic: Writing(Drawing) clean code  (Read 1772 times)

NGKrush

• Playmaker Newbie
Writing(Drawing) clean code
« on: July 26, 2018, 01:55:02 AM »
Hello,

while learning more about playmaker scripts while learning programming without much traditional backgrounds in programming, I've recently become very interested in how to organize, name and draw variables, FSMs and actions.

After watching a few videos on "writing clean code" I noticed a lot of these rules don't (fully) apply to visual scripting, and when looking accross various visual scripting languages, can not even be shared among different visual scripting languages because unlike writing code in various languages, the UI and locations of stared data is totally different.

I did a few searches on the forums to see if this subject was discussed, but couldn't find anything that really focuses on how to organise your playmaker code.
It will differ from person to person, but I'm sure there are a few universal ways people could benefit from on how to organise their FSMs.

Are there any resources that collect information like this? If not, could this thread be a nice starting point where people could share and discuss tips, work methods and screenshots of layouts to help improve workflow?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Writing(Drawing) clean code
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 05:08:42 AM »

NGKrush

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Writing(Drawing) clean code
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »
perfect, thanks!