playMaker

Author Topic: Refund  (Read 3780 times)

moneygang

• Playmaker Newbie
Refund
« on: September 21, 2018, 09:58:07 AM »
I wanted to try play maker and bought it 3 weeks ago..I didn't like the interface and the lack of tutorials and realized i should just learn regular coding. I asked for a refund 3 days later. They replied last week and asked for my invoice which i sent the same day.  I still have not heard anything back from them.  Is there anybody specific i can speak too about this?

Thore

Re: Refund
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »

DanielThomas

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 12:30:11 PM »
It's possible, if you bought from asset store, they have issued the refund but it can take up to one week for Unity to process it. Refunding is unfortunately not automatic and you have to contact Unity team to do it for you.
I would wait a couple of more days.

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 03:16:09 PM »
the lack of tutorials
wow man, a little bit unfair there I myself started from absolute 0%... didn't even know what a variable means and all i did is watch a trillion hours of tuts, no big deal :P

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 12:30:46 PM »
Hi,

Yes, please allocate few days for processing emails, especially when going into the week end.

If you want a refund, you'll get it. You don't have to justify yourself, we're cool with that :)

Get back to me mid next week if you haven't heard back ( I can't proceed with the refund myself, but I'll ping internally, so that the process gets started).

Bye,

Jean

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »
Hi.
To be honest i actually learned c# thanks to playmaker ;)

Thore

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 01:25:31 PM »
Hi.
To be honest i actually learned c# thanks to playmaker ;)

Same for me, though still in the early stages.

daniellogin

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »
I wanted to try play maker and bought it 3 weeks ago..I didn't like the interface and the lack of tutorials and realized i should just learn regular coding. I asked for a refund 3 days later. They replied last week and asked for my invoice which i sent the same day.  I still have not heard anything back from them.  Is there anybody specific i can speak too about this?
This is odd. It's like someone saying that they couldn't find a good training guide for a bicycle with training wheels so will try a unicycle instead... even though training wheels is actually a step you would take on the path to learning the harder thing.

And there are loads of tutorials. You can even search YouTube for step by step guides on how to do things. This forum is also full of answers and people ready to answer any question.

heavygunner

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 07:02:46 PM »
I like to share my opinion about Playmaker. I started to learn this month.
I am not a coder. I also faced so much struggles in beginning. Now I already made a prototype of Super Mario Level 1.

You need to practice a lot . Both coding & Playmaker will be easy when you have logical thinking skill. and Playmaker will be more easier than coding :D

BTW, this is the Playmaker course I follow
http://jonathan-oduffy.thinkific.com/courses/playmaker-101-the-complete-course

Good luck ! 8)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:05:09 PM by heavygunner »

PolyMad

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 12:14:21 AM »
Yeah, this looks like the most ridiculous excuse to ask for a refund...

1. It's difficult so I learn coding instead.
Like if coding is easier than learning Playmaker, with all that hassle of syntax etc., good luck with that.

2. I don't like the interface.
It's not beautiful, I agree, but it's working and essential. Maybe not the best it could be, but it works.

3. There are no tutorials.
As users have shown, there are a lot.

I am sorry for saying this, but my feeling is that these are only excuses to get the money back and keeping the software. It will be fun when he'll come back on the forum asking for help.