playMaker

Author Topic: State names/Labels NOT showing up. [SOLVED]  (Read 1709 times)

aeroW45

• Playmaker Newbie
State names/Labels NOT showing up. [SOLVED]
« on: October 24, 2018, 05:52:28 PM »
Hello everyone.

I have an issue, i am new to Unity and Playmaker, so i was following the Playmaker tutorial (this one ). Eventually when trying the switch i noticed i dont get any labels on the objects. In the example i linked at around 16:55 the example shows the label (in this case "off" on the cube in the game window). But when i tried it, i get no labels on the cube. I search on how to change settings but nothing has worked.

I have checked.

-"Shows State Label In Game View" in the Preferences.
-"Draw Active State Labels" in the PlayMakerGUI.
-"Show State Labels" in the Cube object settings.

But nothing works, when i click play my object has no state labels when playing, the switch itself seems to work but no labels on any state objects. Maybe its a glitch, i don't know. I attached some pictures for reference. I would appreciate any help, thank you.

EDIT: Has been solved. Look below.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:41:04 PM by aeroW45 »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: State names/Labels NOT showing up.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 04:09:01 PM »
Hi.

If you maximize the Label Scale can you see it?

it seems that they are offscreen (on top)

when i maximize i can see it.

aeroW45

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 12:10:26 PM »
Hi.

If you maximize the Label Scale can you see it?

it seems that they are offscreen (on top)

when i maximize i can see it.

Hello, thank you for your reply.

No nothing happens. I set the Label Scale in the PlayMakerGUI to 10, then tried 5 and every other number. Still no labels. I played the scene and moved the camera object around to see if it was anywhere on top and i see nothing (i assume that's what you mean by "on top"). I included another picture for reference.

Note: Ignore the treasure chest item, that was just part of the tutorial mentioned in my first post.

EDIT: I downloaded the unity step 1 tutorial (the one with the character in a small maze) , and placed a cube within that and the labels work just fine. I downloaded another random sample project and place a cube within that and the PlayMaker labels worked just fine.

But the problem still exist when i make a new project. Made a new project in 3D view and no labels appear. I cant see what im doing wrong with the new projects. Im simply putting a cube in there and attaching a state in PlayMaker and yet nothing shows up. Anything i download and install PlayMaker on seems to work but any new projects created are all missing the PlayMaker labels.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:38:56 PM by aeroW45 »

aeroW45

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 06:38:54 PM »
I HAVE FIXED IT !!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

The solution was as follows.

When i started unity, i would start on the "SampleScene" , within the "Hierarchy" window. For some reason PlayMaker did not like that scene and would show no labels there. I simply started a new scene (right click on SampleScene>Add New Scene. You can also do File> New Scene) and then put in a cube in the new created scene, attached a state to the cube and suddenly the labels worked just fine. Just make sure you got the label settings set up, stuff like the PlayMakierGUI and the object PlayMaker settings in the Inspector window. So i guess for some reason PlayMaker does not like the sample scene a new project starts with.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:42:23 PM by aeroW45 »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: State names/Labels NOT showing up. [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 06:50:45 PM »
Hi.
Thanks for sharing the solution.

I will do some testing on it and will report it.

I guess no one noticed as most people turn this off (as far as i know)