playMaker

Author Topic: multiple bad bugs on 2018.3b since b8.  (Read 3229 times)

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
multiple bad bugs on 2018.3b since b8.
« on: November 11, 2018, 11:55:42 AM »
Hi.

I used the 2018.3b since it's out and work with playmaker daily. Since the b8 (if not mistaken), Playmaker run through a lot of issues on things that never failed before.

I reinstalled the latest Playmaker version from the store to make sure and it didn't fix it.

Here is a detailed report on the bugs I encountered.

Display bug.
When changing the actions order, I get this bug. A solution to work around it is to deselect and reselect the state to force the display to refresh.

It also let blank spaces if I delete an action.

Action brower button not working.
The title speak for itself. Note that the action browser doesn't open from the Playmaker menu either.
Hopefully for me, I have a saved layout containing it so I can open it this way.

Changes in states not saved. /!\ Serious bug
On more than one occasion, I've had changes in states not taken into account. A solution is to "resfresh" the action by activating and reactivating it. It seems to force it to save the changes.

Ecosystem not working.
The Ecosystem opens but stays on "dowloading informations..." when trying to download new actions. I don't know yet if this is from the editor or the server since I didn't use the ecosystem recently.

Impossible to create new templates.
When trying to save a template, I get a message telling me they have to be in the asset folder. I checked, i am in the actual template folder in the project.
Workaround: clone an existing template and work from it.

Red message about missing event is missing.
When you use an event is the state and that event isn't present in the FSM, you get a red message telling you about it and clicking on it add said event on that state which is handy. It doesn't work anymore.

I'll keep you updated if I see some paterns on these bugs.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:29:03 PM by Marc Saubion »

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: multiple bad bugs on 2018.3b since b8.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 01:40:27 PM »
Yeah, and a lot more. 2018.3 is at beta 9, so i reckon full release will be out in december, as usual. I hope we'll see all that stuff fixed in a reasonable timespan.
Available for Playmaker work

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 04:54:12 PM »
Hi.
If you wish, you can ask beta access to Jean or Alex. :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 01:08:01 AM »
Hi,

on 2018.3b9

- I confirm the ecosystem works, do you have the latest? I bumped the version online, you should get a notification.

- Templates are working fine. Maybe you could do a screencast so that I understand what I am not doing like you?

- I can not repro the action reordering bug. Is it happening often?

- missing event : Can you give a concrete example, I'll try to repro.

Thanks,

Jean

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 06:59:44 AM »
Hi,

on 2018.3b9
Hi Jean.

Considering your answer, I think my Playmaker is broken. That's too many bugs I'm the only one to get. I updated the ecosystem and still get the same result.

I tried to install Playmaker on a new project and it seem to be fine even with the same project settings.

I also tried reinstalling Playmaker after removing everything related to it (even custom actions and templates). I still have those bugs. But maybe there are some assets I missed.

Any leads on what could be causing it knowing my project is more than a year old and still using things like iTween? Also I'm using Collaborate and it could be a corrupted file.

Basically, I need to make sure I have a clean Playmaker editor.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 12:59:30 AM »
Hi,

ahhh... collab... yeah, well, that's not a good idea indeed. Collab is not a stable and battle tested solution, prefer Git, I NEVER had a broken project because of git. I have 66 projects ( and more in private, for the ecosystem and for other companies).

https://github.com/jeanfabre

I strongly advive to switch to github indeed. I also would check https://www.plasticscm.com/games it's not free but seems to be offering some good solution for Unity.

Bye,

Jean

blackant

• http://blackantmaster.com
    • blackantmaster.com
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 02:49:20 PM »
hello everybody,

not so much bug for me but it started to react badly when i experimented new prefab system

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource'.
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmPrefabs.DisconnectIfModifiedInstance (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.CheckFsmPrefabInstance () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditorSettings.cs:82)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:200)

and after a restart of unity, i now have all those errors

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 02:59:10 PM by blackant »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 01:09:13 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker hasn't released yet a version compatible with 2018.3 beta, 2018.3 just came out public, so we are soon going to release something.

Bye,

Jean

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 07:31:46 PM »
hello everybody,

I might have some good news for you. I've finally found where my bugs were coming from.  8)

I changed my player settings from .net 3.5 to .net 4.x, following unity's message telling me 3.5 was deprecated. It turns out 4.x doesn't work at all and cause a lot of bad stuff with Playmaker and even unity's own editor.

I'm glad I'm back with things working again.  :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 01:38:47 AM »
Hi,

you should not use 4.x in all previous versions of 2018 and 2017, 2018.3 however selected 4.x by default. do you still get that with this public latest version?

Bye,

Jean

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 09:15:50 AM »
Yes I do. I was on 2018.3.0f1 or 2 when I changed back to 3.5. And I initially went for 4.x during the 2018 beta.