playMaker

Author Topic: Creating Actions for Shuriken Particle System. What would you like to see?  (Read 479 times)

HAIRGROW

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
So I'm working on a VR game and I wanted a better way to control the particle systems with PlayMaker. I've created a pretty extensive set to do what I want, but I was curious as to what features / actions others would be interested in. I've created a few other VR related actions as well such as a VR FSM Inspector, which allows you to see that state changes for FSMs in VR. Before I put something like this out, I wanted to see if there was any interest in such a thing. Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Actions for Shuriken Particle System. What would you like to see?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:18:54 AM »
Hi,

have you checked the ones already on the ecosystem?

I am currently working on that and the big issue is that for a given property you can have up to three different way to express it, as a float, as a range or curve. If you integrate that nicely, you are definitly onto something.

Bye,

Jean

krmko

• Beta Group
    • View Profile
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 06:27:34 AM »
Sure there is. Jean covered trail, noise and shape modules, but we need the rest of course :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 11:37:33 PM »
Hi,

started on this few weeks ago, and I am now brainstorming this concept of on property with several ways to describe it, it's complex because I don't want to make 3 actions for a single variable... especially in this context where there are tons of such properties to cover...

Bye,

Jean