playMaker

Author Topic: FSM not Preprocessed: xxx  (Read 1726 times)

acknickulous

• Playmaker Newbie
FSM not Preprocessed: xxx
« on: November 26, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
I've seen this bug mentioned elsewhere but no definitive way to fix it. I get this error in my development mode log at startup for seemingly EVERY FSM in the project. How do I fix this? The game runs fine--but I suspect this is impacting startup time considerably.

Using PlayMaker 1.9.0, Unity3D 2018.2.12f1, Windows 10 standalone build.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: FSM not Preprocessed: xxx
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 01:18:30 AM »
Hi,

do you have other assets from the asset store? can you list them, maybe one of them is conflicting?

If you try a fresh project with just PlayMaker and publish a test scene, do you get that as well?

Bye,

Jean

acknickulous

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 09:36:27 PM »
I've got a ton of assets--do I really need to go through the project and find them all? Is there an easier way to diagnose this?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 01:00:24 AM »
Hi,

I am afraid yes.

you should start with a fresh project, get playmaker, check it works and bring more assets in.

you could also clean up PlayMaker and reinstall, but make sure you backup first.

Bye,

Jean

acknickulous

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 02:27:54 AM »
What does "clean up playmaker" mean? And if I found the offending asset--what's the solution, not to use it? That's not really acceptable for me as I need to use all these plugins.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 02:34:58 AM »
Hi,

Clean up means deleting the PlayMaker folder, while making sure you don't delete the playmakerglobals asset or templates if you have saved them inside the PlayMaker folder.

then you reimport, since you'll likely get errors because of PlayMaker missing, you'll need to manually install it, the package is in PlayMaker/Editor/Install

When there is a conflict between two assets, which happens sometimes, both publishers takes actions to fix their respective asset should it requires it.

So if you start with a fresh project and just PlayMaker, and add each of your required assets until you find the one breaking it, then we can proceed with checking exactly what's wrong with that asset, and fix it, either on our side, or on the asset side, or both.

I know this is a pain, but until I can reproduce this on my end, there is nothing more I can do, so make sure you go through that process, once you get the error again, get back to me, and I'll take over.

Bye,

Jean