playMaker

Author Topic: Terrain holes.  (Read 2302 times)

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
Terrain holes.
« on: November 27, 2018, 11:19:45 PM »
Is there a way for playmaker to set a certain texture to ignore collisions, and possibly be transparent.  Essentially making a “hole”

Athin

Re: Terrain holes.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 11:43:48 PM »
What exactly are you trying to do?  There is a few things I know of but not exactly sure what you're trying to make.

Do you want it so when a texture changes, the collision is turn off?  Or say adding something into the scene and making a "Hole"?

A better description of your desired results will help me help you :)

waveform

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 06:14:38 AM »
this tutorial maybe something u want
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhxs12ZfSQ

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 12:08:38 PM »
For the application of it, for myself, would be a cave entrance.

LordHorusNL

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 02:25:44 PM »
Unity isn't currently capable of making proper terrain holes in unity terrain, so any change a PlayMaker action could make would only be visual.

However terrain holes are in the works for unity 2019 so wait a few months and you'll probably get access to it in one of the next unity betas.

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 10:33:04 PM »
I watched the video that wave form posted, and used that idea, of just using a shader on a block, put the block on the terrain, the terrain becomes transparent looking through the block, then run a trigger as you aproach, setting the player on a different layer, that doesnt collide with the terrain layer,  then reseting the players layer as they exit the trigger.    Gives a perfect illusion of a hole that is functional.  Except, using an older unity terrain shader to do it, it only suppirts 4 textures on the terrain.... which i can work around, but what a pain in the a$$.