playMaker

Author Topic: [Solved] Trouble Tweeing - DOTween jitters - Help!  (Read 2998 times)

createasaurus

[Solved] Trouble Tweeing - DOTween jitters - Help!
« on: December 04, 2018, 09:39:30 AM »
Hello,

I am making an imaginative high speed 3D racing game for a low powered system.  I have a total of 3 bad guy obstacles that simply need to move back and forth.  These bad guys are grouped to the environment, which I move towards the camera to create illusion that the player is moving forward.

When I try moving the bad guys with iTween Actions, everything works great - but I'm concerned I'll be making too much garbage, which may ultimately give frame drops in this high speed game, on this low end device.

When I try moving the bad guys with Doosey's DOTween Actions, the bad guys also do great moving back and forth, however, when I begin moving the environment that they are grouped to the bad guys jitter, kind of skipping around as if the Tween is broken.  When I look at the FSM, the states seem to be firing back and forth prematurely and irregularly too, under this circumstance.

Am I attempting something that is not possible?  Do you have any advice on Doosey DOTween Actions?  I've been playing around with all the settings, but nothing has helped so far.

Can I do this without Tweens? (Simply moving an object back and forth, while it is a part of a group that is also moving through 3D space)  I love the ease in and out, but I'd settle for a more liner solution if it gave a stable performance.  What Actions would I use to best accomplish this?

I know there is Tween Support for the next Playmaker Version.  But, I must use an old Playmaker, compatible with Unity 5.2, so I can publish on this old system.  Is it possible to get the new Beta Playmaker Tween action, and I could try it on the old Player version?

Any advice appreciated!!  Thank you!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 05:20:02 AM by createasaurus »

DanielThomas

• Beta Group
Re: Trouble Tweeing - DOTween jitters - Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »
When I look at the FSM, the states seem to be firing back and forth prematurely and irregularly too, under this circumstance.
I think you already found the problem, but hard to say without seeing the FSM/state. I use and used Dotween a lot and so far it works as intended so far, but might be your state or action settings.

createasaurus

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 01:52:57 PM »
Ah, I wish I found the problem.  I'm still stumped.  I'm trying all setting combos to no avail.  Basically it seems if a DOTween move is on a child whose parent is also moving... it does not work as intended.

I'm now trying other options.  I have the Move Towards Action.  This is working, but I miss the ease in and out effect.

Any thoughts on getting a tween to work in this situation is appreciated.  Thank you.

DanielThomas

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 03:31:52 PM »
Does using 'Dotween move local' on the child give same problem?

createasaurus

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 05:19:41 AM »
Hey Daniel,
Your confidence gave me the push to keep experimenting.  Thank you!!  I have now discovered DO Tween Control Methods Kill All.  This solved it!  My guess is when I'm moving the environment erratically, this messing with the tween targets, which are children of the environment, and this was confusing things.  Now I just Kill All before making a big environment move.  Working great!  Thanks again.