playMaker

Author Topic: Synchronizing Mechanim with NavMesh Agent  (Read 2063 times)

Maxi

• Playmaker Newbie
Synchronizing Mechanim with NavMesh Agent
« on: December 09, 2018, 09:59:02 AM »
Hi,

I know there are already some threads about that topic but none of them seem to have an answer that makes sense to me.

So far I have figured out that some of the nav agents values need to be given to the blend tree (I'm using the standard Unity Third Person Animator) to synchronize the movement with the animation and there seems to be an action that does exactly that called "Nav Mesh Agent Animator Synchronizer". However, that action has no parameters and no documentation. When I put it on my script it either breaks the Nav Agent because it doesn't seem to be able to turn anymore or it does nothing at all.

I feel that the whole thing is a little bit paradox: I need the rotation of the agent to apply on the animation, but, if I use root motion, I need the animation to make the agent rotate in the first place... admittedly I am not very good at math though.

So: do I misunderstand the mentioned action and use it wrong somehow or do I need to do additional calculations for it to work?

Thanks for any help!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Synchronizing Mechanim with NavMesh Agent
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 04:25:04 AM »
Hi,

have you sorted it out already?

Bye,

Jean

autumnboy

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Synchronizing Mechanim with NavMesh Agent
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 06:25:01 AM »
Hi I am trying to feed nav agent velocity into animator blend tree and wish to know more about what this action does

Thanks
Josh