playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker loses focus when editing FSM  (Read 6016 times)

Athin

Playmaker loses focus when editing FSM
« on: February 24, 2019, 02:22:50 AM »
Hey guys,

I've updated to Unity 2018.3.2f1 and just did a new playmaker install as well on my old project.  Now with the new prefab system, any time I try to edit a string in the FSM's, it tends to de-focus after I type in 1 or 2 letters.  Renaming the FSM for Ex will cause this. 

If I drag it into the scene, I can edit the instance and drag it back into prefab but now I get a warning for every change I make in the game object.  Its getting really bulky trying to do anything in this system.

Is anyone else having similar problems or know a way to fix this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 02:56:23 AM by Athin »

ch1ky3n

Re: Playmaker loses focus when editing FSM
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 06:41:17 AM »
Yup, it has been plaguing me as well, especially when editing prefab. I'm not sure if it is a playmaker bug though. It also happened to me when editing collider size, transform, etc. Try to:

Restarting Unity or
Go to play mode, and edit the FSM during the play mode then stop it. Sometimes the bugs are gone by itself

Athin

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 06:46:52 AM »
Funny you say that as this issue has just....disappeared.  Was just trying to work through it with Copy and paste to kinda side step it. When I forgot to do that and just tried to rename a state, it worked fine.  Issue seems to be gone for now for whatever reason but I fear it may return once I start up again tomorrow.  Would still like to know a fix for this if/when it comes back.

Thanks

ch1ky3n

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 06:59:56 AM »
trust me
I can hear it says "I'll be back!"

Athin

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 09:53:29 PM »
Has anyone else experience this or better yet knows a fix?  Issue keep appearing and its a huge pain to work around currently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Athin

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 07:14:07 AM »
Going to give this one a bumb as this problem seems to be getting worst and I can't find a solution.

I've been typing in the FSM descriptions to then copy and paste it into the FSM name for a quick go around but now suddenly that isn't working anymore.  Again it seems like I can type in 1-2 letters before Unity acts like I clicked off of it.  I've tried updating and new projects but nothing helped. 

Has anyone else experience this or found a fix for it?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 12:09:23 PM »
Hi.
What PlayMaker version are you using?
i believe the current last version is 1.9.0v12

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 01:20:19 PM »
Generally, focus problems are caused by another editor window pulling focus to itself. Try resetting the layout, see if that fixes the issue, then add windows back into the layout until it breaks. I seem to remember the Global Variables window causing focus problems, but I thought we fixed that issue... I'll investigate.

Athin

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 06:38:09 PM »
Hey guys,

Thakns for the response. I'm not sure the exact version I got (Currently at work) but would be pretty up to date as I've only updated it last week.

I'll try to close some of my editor windows down and narrow it down to which one (If thats the issue)  I do have the global one open and tend to have a ton of windows in general open too.  Next time I sit down on it, I'll see if that helps.

Thanks guys.

Athin

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 06:19:35 AM »
Just replying for others to see since I saw others had this issue.

This was 100% caused by the Global Variable Window.  As soon as I close that tab, it went away and never lost focus. Tried a few other windows and re-opening the global window for testing and can confirm.  If anyone has this issue then close the Global Variable window.

Playmaker Version - 1.9.0
Unity Version - 5.5.1f1

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 10:58:58 AM »
Hi.
You can find the exact playmaker version in PlayMaker/Help/About PlayMaker...
 current latest is 1.9.0p13

jrDev

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 12:18:59 AM »
Generally, focus problems are caused by another editor window pulling focus to itself. Try resetting the layout, see if that fixes the issue, then add windows back into the layout until it breaks. I seem to remember the Global Variables window causing focus problems, but I thought we fixed that issue... I'll investigate.
Hello,

Has this been looked into? I have v1.9.0 p17 and it still causes this issue.

Thanks,
jrDev

TheBadFeeling

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 07:50:20 PM »
Yup, confirming (same version). As soon as the global window is open, focus in text fields is lost after 1 keystroke. It's a pain.  ;)

/Bad
The Force is with you, young Playmaker – but you are not a C# senpai yet.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 12:36:48 PM »
Hey guys,

I've updated to Unity 2018.3.2f1 and just did a new playmaker install as well on my old project.  Now with the new prefab system, any time I try to edit a string in the FSM's, it tends to de-focus after I type in 1 or 2 letters.  Renaming the FSM for Ex will cause this. 

If I drag it into the scene, I can edit the instance and drag it back into prefab but now I get a warning for every change I make in the game object.  Its getting really bulky trying to do anything in this system.

Is anyone else having similar problems or know a way to fix this?

Thanks

Yes, confirmed, all along 1.8. Haven't moved to 1.9x yet. Can't tell if it's gone.
Heed Athin's solution.
But devs think Globals are hellspawns so who would use them?
Mutiny!

dt1000

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 10:03:12 AM »
I am having this exact issue with Unity 2019.2.0f1 and Playmaker v1.9.0.p18. If you have the Global Variables window open, the title pane for your states will lose focus after a few keystrokes, making it impossible to enter text. Very irritating. Closing the Globals window solves the problem,  but is not really optimal. :(