playMaker

Author Topic: Setting Parameters in Adventure Creator action lists  (Read 1235 times)

Maxi

• Playmaker Newbie
Setting Parameters in Adventure Creator action lists
« on: April 01, 2019, 09:07:08 AM »
Hi,
I am currently working on a rather large project which unfortunately relies heavily on Adventure Creator action lists. I am pushing to relocate big parts of the logic to PlayMaker and am right now looking into possible problems and solutions for communication between PM and AC.
I have already read a lot of posts and understood how I can start AC action lists from PM and found several things that can easily be translated between the two.

My Problem now is that I can't find a way to set parameters within AC action lists. What I mean by parameters in this sense are the action list specific parameters which kind of work like local variables (but are called parameters).
I can use the 'set parameters' action in PM and I can even select something like 'set string' but there is no way to target a specific string parameter within the action list. I can only fire a generic 'set string' command but which targets no specific string. The AC Parameters do have IDs and I would only need to be able to target those, but it doesn't seem to be an option.

I know this is all rather specific but I'm wondering if there is someone out there who tried to get AC and PM to work together properly and knows this problem.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:48:21 AM by Maximilian0 »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Setting Parameters in Adventure Creator action lists
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 05:45:16 AM »
Hi.
Have you asked the author of the asset?
Or on their forum?

I do not own the asset, so i can't really see what the issue is with the action.
But i will try :)

Can you make an image of the 'Set parameters' action?

Maxi

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Setting Parameters in Adventure Creator action lists
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 06:13:21 AM »
Hi,
thanks for your answer. I have not yet contacted the creator of Adventure Creator in the hopes that I would find somebody who knows the problem, but I certainly should.

I will post an image of the set parameter this evening.