playMaker

Author Topic: Animator + PlayMaker - EndPlay  (Read 1697 times)

Sergey_Russia

• Playmaker Newbie
Animator + PlayMaker - EndPlay
« on: April 25, 2019, 08:20:16 AM »
Hello, Hi !
please tell me i'm doing the right thing?
Or do you need to use animated events to figure out when the animation will end?
I do not know how to do that..

I don't even know how to insert a picture, some tags appear (

???

Sorry for the stupid, maybe questions.

even the question is in the wrong place published)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:18:21 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Animator + PlayMaker - EndPlay
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 05:17:43 AM »
Hi,

you need to get the actual Image url, not the website page itself, that is not an image at all.

so for your link, right click on the image and copy the image url and then use that. I modified your post to show it works.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 05:21:14 AM »
Hi,

to answer your question, you can check for the current animator state, or you can use a proxy that synchronize an fsm set of states to match the animator, that's powerful.

get the animator proxy on the Ecosystem, there is a component PlayMakerAnimatorStateSynchronization.

make an fsm with states having the same name as your animator states, and you will be in sync, then each of the fsm state can fire an event.

Bye,

JEan

Thore

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 09:21:24 PM »
I think PlayMaker users can limit the use of Mechanim, because PM is already a state machine. I recommend to keep the logic in PM, and set states directly with Animation Crossfade and blend trees. This pretty much eliminates cumbersome bool switching and triggering.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 02:13:14 AM »
Hi,

I depends on the case, I have lately started to use more the animator and the animation system from Unity, which lets you preview the animation, it's a nice feature indeed, and it also allows you to create quite complex rigs without cluttering your fsms.

I'll make soon a sample, showing how I use animator to control UI panels, it's powerful in my opinion, but it has its flaws as well, I give you that. Instinctively, I tend to use an fsm, but I made some reusable stuff, and productivity is on par.

Bye,

Jean