playMaker

Author Topic: Third Party Support  (Read 1671 times)

Grumpy Git

• Playmaker Newbie
Third Party Support
« on: May 02, 2019, 06:21:33 AM »
I thought there was a list of third party assets supported by Playmaker, but I cannot find it.  I want to use Playmaker and Adventure Creator. How can I do this please?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Third Party Support
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 02:05:40 AM »
There is no complete list, as many assets choose to support it themselves. The best way to know is to check their asset store page for details.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/adventure-creator-11896

Says they have playmaker support on the asset store page.

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 02:10:16 AM »
I'm also interested in this question. @Grumpy Git Are you thinking about using playmaker inside AC?
I'm an artist with poor memory and brain fog trying to make a game. Please wish me luck! :-D

Grumpy Git

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 02:56:30 AM »
Hi Maddy I am using Playmaker and AC together.  Inside AC under Project Settings/Player/Scripting Define Symbols I have entered PlayMakerIsPresent (case sensitive)  This activates a Third Party action for Playmaker which offers a few options but I am struggling to find a way to send a global variable from one asset to the other.

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 04:16:00 AM »
Grumpy Git, I've just bought PM, so thank you for the tip on how to activate PM inside AC. I'm sorry I'm too much of a newbie to know the answer to your question, but it would be interesting to see if anyone else has an answer.
I'm an artist with poor memory and brain fog trying to make a game. Please wish me luck! :-D

shamo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 10:04:58 PM »
I've been down the road of using add ons like AC and found it's better (might take longer) to just create the whole thing in Playmaker.
You end up with you own product..not a clone and learn a heap of stuff along the way. Sure you will hit walls, but will always find away around it.