playMaker

Author Topic: EasySave + PM + 2018.3 = weird behavior  (Read 1105 times)

nFighter

• Beta Group
    • multiplayer adult fighting
EasySave + PM + 2018.3 = weird behavior
« on: May 03, 2019, 01:24:46 PM »
I moved my project from Unity 2017 to 2018.3 and  it works great on my computer, BUT...
... according to statistics it become totally broken for 2/3 of my players. As I could understand most of the problems somehow related to saving/loading data with EasySave. For now I found this issue:

1) when I put many Hash Table Easy Load in one action trying to load colors from file - it could return black color no matter what.
2) when I put all this actions in different nodes - they load correct colors.

I repeat, it somehow related to player hardware/OS. Very same build can work on Windows 10 Home and can have this issue on Win7/Win10Pro.

Why is it happening? What kind of solution could I have except splitting EVERY state in my project to series of states (I literally have hundreds of states containing two or more actions)? Could it be a part of the bigger problem I didn't understand yet?
indie developer of multiplayer adult fighting
http://nakedfighter3d.com

shamo

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: EasySave + PM + 2018.3 = weird behavior
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 08:09:26 AM »
Not sure what the problem is there, but I've also run into problems with Easy Save and the latest Playmaker. I've been working through these with Joel, just message him through the Easy save forums and see if you can resolve it. He's working on an update now to fix previous problems, should be out soon.

nFighter

• Beta Group
    • multiplayer adult fighting
Re: EasySave + PM + 2018.3 = weird behavior
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »
Sure, I'm in tight contact with Joel! He already fix dozen of PM/ES integration bugs for me. But for this particular one he forward me here  ::)
indie developer of multiplayer adult fighting
http://nakedfighter3d.com