playMaker

Author Topic: Pooly alternative  (Read 1907 times)

TonkRogerio

• Playmaker Newbie
Pooly alternative
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:31:49 PM »
I'm not sure if there is a better place to post this, but I couldn't find it.

So I've recently updated unity and my project, and when it came down to reinstalling pooly, well it looks like it's been abandoned and it doesn't work. lots and lots of errors. I had a lot of work around pooly that is just all messed up atm, i'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they know of a good alternative that is still being updated and that I could easily swap in to fix this problem. (Basically just swap pooly actions with w/e actions and hopefully I could get back on track).

Thanx in advance and sorry if there is a better place to post this in.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: Pooly alternative
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 03:24:20 AM »
I tried pooly too since it has that awesome pool extension so you can make different pools for level 1, level 2 and so on so you can break down the loading time. Unfortunately, whenever i contacted the dude that made it for something it took him ages to answer and even longer to do something about it.

I am using coregamekit (with pool boss) currently, and unfortunately, it does not have an option of multiple pools which can be manipulated on runtime, which sucks, so i'll be probably changing it. But the cool thing is neat UI which lets you drag and drop prefabs in bulk for pooling.

But i have the same problem as you, i don't know what to use.

PoolManager http://poolmanager.path-o-logical.com/ looks good and there's PM actions for it, but they suck, there's no spawn action.

Also, Djaydino made actions for LeanPool, but i don't know how robust it is and if there's a possibility of having multiple pools.

Pooler actions for PM are to simply to be usable, you need to put every prefab into pool via separate action which is blah, same as LeanPool.

There should be internal pooling system in playmaker, i guess they'll probably leave it for 2.0.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 04:14:24 AM by krmko »
Available for Playmaker work

TonkRogerio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 06:18:38 PM »
Is that something they've actually discussed? if so then when is 2.0 coming out?
I don't keep up with updates as much as I should so any info here is greatly appreciated.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 06:02:22 AM »
Hi.
A Pooling system is being worked on (i believe jean is working on this)

but i don't know when this would be released.

pooler is indeed very simple.

Lean pool uses components which can be preset.
Also you can create pools @runtime by simply pool a prefab the 1st time