playMaker

Author Topic: Parse support or another cloud solution?  (Read 1504 times)

Padenlee

• Junior Playmaker
  • You can't hit what you don't shoot for!
Parse support or another cloud solution?
« on: June 01, 2019, 10:23:52 AM »
Hey all!

I'm looking for a cloud solution for Playmaker, I used the Parse actions a trillion years ago and they worked great!, now the Parse assets is no longer on the Asset Store and the Starter Package from ParsePlatform.org is made for Unity 5 0.o~! The GitHub is active however, but an artists like me struggles to hack my way through it all, apparently NuGet is not just a candy bar filling?

The real question is is there any good cloud storage solution for Playmaker right now? If Parse is still golden, is there some trick to getting it up and running? Maybe a download this, change this setting, add your ID here, kinda'thing?

Thanks!
-Paden Pierry
@padenpierry
Apple inc.'s first TV show, EP 1.
Game Dev since 2007
Coolest client: Bridgestone

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Parse support or another cloud solution?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 04:29:19 AM »
Hi,

That's a bummer, I really enjoyed Parsed, it's a shame it got put down indeed...

The solution apparently is to run parse yourself on your own server, I think there are solutions offering that, then the actions I did should work as is, but I never got around testing this.

The best solution is a custom solution with php mysql, but it requires coding, I am now aware nor tested any alternatives to Parse... I don't think there are ( with a resonnable price I mean)

If it's only to read data, google sheet is likely a good choice, and I have put one of my system for accessing google sheet on the ecosystem, but if you need to write data, then I guess EasySave 3 would be a good option.

Bye,

Jean

Padenlee

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 10:32:38 AM »
Thanks for the replay! I also agree that Easy Save 3 is the best at the moment from what I've seen, I still have apps running their cloud storage method.

Another would be passing data through Photon, maybe even turn base for long term storage? Not the intended use of photon, but works XD

Hooking Playmaker up to AWS would be awesome and future proof, I did hire a guy to do it for me for a project but it was a bit ad hoc. Maybe there could be a Fivrr style playmaker action/proxy area on the forums where people can get hired for custom additions to Playmaker.
-Paden Pierry
@padenpierry
Game Dev since 2007

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 04:06:42 AM »
Hi,

Photon would be a very bad idea for data handling :)

Bye,

Jean

Padenlee

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 02:56:25 PM »
Haha!!! Agreed XD I should start suggestions like the above post with "Super silly idea... but:"
-Paden Pierry
@padenpierry
Game Dev since 2007