playMaker

Author Topic: AWS Setup / Polly[SOLVED]  (Read 1688 times)

Matthew Reilly

• Playmaker Newbie
AWS Setup / Polly[SOLVED]
« on: June 05, 2019, 03:42:42 PM »
Hi All,

I'm trying to pull a game together and one of the final touches is to set up Amazon AWS, so that I can move from a string variable to a read-out with Amazon Polly (but also to use Lambda / Cognito / & maybe GameSync). Anyways, I'm new to code and can't manage to even initialize AWS SDKs in Unity. I've tried making a custom action, attaching it to a game object, and copying pasting the initialize script (from AWS Unity documentation) in the OnEnter region:

UnityInitializer.AttachToGameObject(this.gameObject);

VS Code keeps giving me this problem pasted below. What am I doing wrong here? Are there easy steps to getting AWS up and running w/ PM?

{
   "resource": "/Users/matthewreilly/New Unity Project/Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Application/InitializeAWS.cs",
   "owner": "csharp",
   "severity": 8,
   "message": "'InitializeAWS' does not contain a definition for 'gameObject' and no accessible extension method 'gameObject' accepting a first argument of type 'InitializeAWS' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS1061) [Assembly-CSharp]",
   "startLineNumber": 15,
   "startColumn": 45,
   "endLineNumber": 15,
   "endColumn": 55
}

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:02:23 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: AWS Setup / Polly
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 04:28:41 AM »
Hi,

It's because you are not using the api properly.

Can you paste the custom action in full?

I would strongly advice that you get someone on board to help you script and maintain that part of your game, that has proper experience with AWS, he doesn't need to have experience with PlayMaker, youc an direct him to me, and I'll brief him if he needs a head start on creating custom action, but if a developer can handle AWS, he can handle creating a few custom actions without a problem at all.

Bye,

Jean

Matthew Reilly

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 06:31:21 PM »
Hi Jean,

Thanks for your reply. I have some friends who can help me out with the API, but it's good to know that the problem so far is just newbie mistakes on my part. Tried to solo it with PM before asking for help. Thanks for the work you do with Playmaker—great product!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 07:02:15 AM »
Hi,

Good :) let me know if you still hit problems.

Bye,

Jean