playMaker

Author Topic: Make the string box selection behavior work as in Unity  (Read 5137 times)

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
Make the string box selection behavior work as in Unity
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:54:33 PM »
This is a minor workflow annoyance, at least for me, but since it should be a quick fix (hopefully), I'll make the request. Whenever you select a string field in Unity's inspector, it selects the whole content of the field, but if you click the field again it goes back to the standard single-character selection cursor. From then on, if you want to full-select all you have to do is double-click the field. This is the optimal behavior in my opinion, yet in Playmaker no matter how many times you click on a string field it'll *always* full-select it.

You can still drag-select, but it's truly annoying as it is and I don't see a point to have it working differently from the standard Unity behavior.
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Make the string box selection behavior work as in Unity
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:02:30 AM »
Hi Maddox,

Made that request as well :) can't find the post now.. maybe I sent an email about it, can't remember.  Alex is aware of this from what I recall, hopefully he has/will find a way, cause that also drives me mad.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 10:41:58 PM »
I'll look into this. I'm just using the standard EditorGUILayout.TextField, but maybe I'm doing something that breaks its behavior. Need to check how it behaves in a simple test case by itself...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 11:22:06 PM »
Fixed in next update.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
Thank you Alex.

I ( without a doubt "We" actually) really appreciate your commitment and hard work!

Bye,

Jean