playMaker

Author Topic: Limiting Framerate  (Read 6665 times)

FritsLyn

Re: Limiting Framerate
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Thanks, but no, 'Subtract' is linear, I need the 'soft feel' and other side effects of 'divide'.

Of course I could then set up an insane system of 'Subtract' from 'Subtract' and so on, but that would be hard to read, and work with in the long run: This is by far not the only place I have the issue ;)

But thanks for the suggestion.

FritsLyn

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
A typical issue: Playmaker is moving a Character controller/Rigid body capsule in a Mario style game of sorts.

Jumping is handled by Playmaker which relies heavily on 'Pr Frame', but the Jump Animation is fixed in time..

So when the console has hickups or the terminal is slow all the sudden strange things happen, like looooong jumps etc.

So in fact all this hooking up to 'next frame' is not very good in real life - works for testing when things are stable, but then..

Yes, Vsync is there etc, but it's all fixing an issue that should not need be fixed IMO.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 08:25:01 AM »
Hi,

yes, this is a know issues that is not possible to solved as is without scripting.

Typically, you need to duplicate the actions involved in your Lateupdate or FixedUpdate process, rename them ( to avoid conflicts) and turn the Update call into what you need.

I have just released on the ecosystem two actions doing just that, you can get inspired from and copy them, it's "set position advanced" and "get position advanced".

If you give me a list of the actions that you would like having the same treatment let me know, I'll do them as time permits.

BUT, before you do that, make sure you fully understand and verified that it's indeed the issue.

-- make sure you testify on the published app, not in editore, editor is having bumps, and that may be in your way.
-- modify the official actions to make sure this is working, only then duplicate them, else you may end up waisting hours.

Bye,

Jean