playMaker

Author Topic: Jump without Add Force![SOLVED]  (Read 1824 times)

rizwanash

• Junior Playmaker
Jump without Add Force![SOLVED]
« on: July 01, 2019, 03:20:45 AM »
Hey Guys,

Can i fake a Jump of rigidbody without using AddForce at all ? I want my character to jump and stay in the air for few seconds before landing on ground. Right now i am using Add Force which works completely fine but its using gravity so its automatically falling down. Anyone can point me What Steps i should be taking for that ?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:50:22 AM by jeanfabre »

daniellogin

Re: Jump without Add Force!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 04:16:21 AM »
Possibly you can double up your rigidbody controller to have a regular character controller too? Don't know if that's a bad thing, but basically never do any input to move around other than to move you up on the Y axis? Or maybe the rigidbody woudl refuse to budge to a character controller command. If you can get this kind of combo to work, you are then able to spoof gravity / make a return back to the ground by just moving the controller back down until you are grounded.

Alternatively: You said gravity is the issue with your rigidbody? So maybe just turn it off? There is an action which is something like 'Use Gravity' or similar (just search gravity in the action list) and toggle it on and off like that.

Thore

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 09:33:42 AM »
You can also set velocity, not clear though what your issue is.

rizwanash

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 02:17:22 AM »
Hey, Thanks guys, I tried both ways and Thore's Works for me. It was not much i needed to add, Just a simple jump i can control when player is in the air.
Thank you Both :)