playMaker

Author Topic: Is there a way to not automatically place Playmaker GUI Component[SOLVED]  (Read 1052 times)

allender

• Playmaker Newbie
the playmaker GUI component gets added automatically in many situations (adding an FSM, editing an FSM, etc when the GUI component doesn't exist).  Is there a way to disable this behavior.

I have a setup that loads a bunch of "managers" on game load and I'd like one of those managers to have the playmaker gui component since it is required.  The problem is that we work in multiple scenes and many times peopel are working on scenes with an FSM but there is no GUI component because the GUI component lives elsewhere in a scene that is always loaded during gameplay.  I assume the gui component isn't needed at editor time and I'd like to be able to control where it lives.

Related, is there a way to change defaults on the GUI component (espeicailly the mouse control).  If I  have to live with these thing being automatically added, it would be nice not to have the mouse option always default to 'on".

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 10:23:53 AM by jeanfabre »

allender

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Is there a way to not automatically place Playmaker GUI Component
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:27:09 PM »
Ok - I found this preference.  You have to get to the prefs window from the playmaker window.  I was looking for prefs under the prefs menu in the Edit menu.

Really, those prefs ought to be exposed there.  It drives me batty that i have to search around for these things - they should all be in a single place - or at least accessible from the prefs menu (even if there is a different way to get there).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:10:49 PM by allender »

allender

• Playmaker Newbie
actually as a follow up - where are the prefs actually stored?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Is there a way to not automatically place Playmaker GUI Component
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 10:21:45 AM »
Hi,

Prefs are stored with the Unity editor prefs:

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/EditorPrefs.html

Bye,

Jean